Nanotechnology is currently one of the most funded research areas in developed countries. It will have significant impact on the medical and biotechnology industries and healthcare technologies in the 21st century. Nanotechnology has wide-ranging applications, such as drug synthesis and delivery, cell surgery and therapy, early disease diagnosis and prevention, biosensors and medical implants. The organising of this event will help to promote IMechE as a leading organisation in the area of emerging technologies.
This event will address the following questions:
1. What is the recent development on Nanotechnology?
2. What are the current medical needs and healthcare needs?
3. What are the existing and future applications of Nanotechnology in Medicine and Healthcare?
4. What are the future needs in medicine and healthcare and what can Nanotechnolgy offer?
This seminar aims to address technical topics working from the context of clinical needs, achievements and future aims. The event will explore relevant technical achievements, the role of nanotechnology in the advance of medicine and bio-sensing techniques. In the sessions of the seminar, the impact of nanotechnology will be demonstrated through leading presentations.
The seminar will present the latest development in Nanotechnology research in the area of medicine and healthcare, with focuses on biosensing and medical diagnosis, and nanomaterials.
The following benefits will assist academics, researchers, scientists, and clinicians towards their professional aims respectively:-
- With the most advanced research presentations in the most active areas of nanotechnology, participants can obtain up-to-date information on the nanotechnology research activities at an international level.
- With the exposition of new technologies and identification of future needs, it will aid exploration for new therapeutical and surgical applications. This can be used to identify means to solve challenges in medicine.
- Formation of partnerships leading to real applications of new concepts and techniques. This can be used to make use of the new ideas and techniques demonstrated in research.