Find out more information about the next VTMS conference in 2017...
Visit the VTMS 13 website
17-18 May 2017, London
VTMS 12 will cover the latest research and technological advances in the field of heat transfer, energy management, thermal comfort and the efficient integration and control of all thermal systems within the vehicle. The programme will feature plenary sessions, break out technical sessions, panel discussions, and an associated exhibition.
Keynote speaker confirmed:
Simon Edwards, Global Director, Ricardo
Bob Joyce, Executive Director, Product Creation and Delivery, Jaguar Land Rover
Major topics to be addressed include:
Heat exchangers and components for thermal management systems
• Design and latest component developments
• Material and process developments for future requirements
• Trends and challenges for manufacturing
• New testing methodologies for heat exchange components
• Coolant and refrigerant trends
Powertrain thermal management
• IC engine thermal loading, exhaust and emissions
• HEV, EV and alternative powertrain challenges
• Waste heat recovery and thermodynamic efficiency improvement
Vehicle thermal management
• Cooling systems
• Thermal management for electrical systems
• Heating, air conditioning, thermal comfort and climate control
• Underhood heat transfer and air flow management
• Thermal systems control, analysis and integration
Papers and Presentations:
The Organising Committee are currently selecting authors and will invite them to submit a draft paper of up to 4,000 words.
All draft papers submitted will be considered and refereed by two independent reviewers from industry; final acceptance will depend on the content of the final manuscript and receipt by 23 February 2015.
All conference papers are written and presented in English. Authors are required to attend the conference to present their work, and enjoy a substantially reduced registration fee. However the Institution will not be able to reimburse any travel or accommodation expenses. All accepted papers will be published in a soft-bound volume available to all conference delegates.
VTMS 12 will be held at:
East Midlands Conference Centre
University of Nottingham