Crane Safety 2019 will bring together decision makers across industries to discuss the dynamic solutions available. Hear insights from leading construction companies about recent projects and practical guidance from the industry regulator.
- Hear presentations from Health & Safety Executive, BYLOR, Sarens Cranes, Sparrow Group, Ainscough Crane Hire Limited, Dounreay and more
- Benefit from case study insights from decommissioned sites, offshore rigs, Hinckley Point C, dense urban environments and onshore wind farms
- Learn key lessons from lifting representatives across construction, power, nuclear, rail and offshore sectors
- Meet and network with confirmed attendees from EDF Energy, Eversholt Rail, Magox, Pro-Lifting UK, VolkerRail, TFL, Babcock International, BP Shipping, Atkins, Emerson Crane Hire and many more
- Hear successful strategies for enhanced crane operation, improved site management, more detailed risk assessments, challenging lifts and effective equipment maintenance
- Take back the insights and knowledge you need to ensure high levels of safety, reduced risk of incidents and compliance with industry regulation
JUST TWO WEEKS TO GO: No matter which area of lifting operations your are involved with, this is a unique opportunity to learn industry best practice and how your organisation can address the challenges of risk and incident reduction, cost savings vs maintenance and compliance with safety legislation. Hear and develop effective strategies to make your lifting operations as safe, timely and cost-efficient as possible.
Why should engineers attend Crane Safety 2019?
"As lifting projects continue to become more complex, crane owners and operators must understand how to maintain high levels of safety and compliance with industry regulations.”
Tim Watson, Technical Consultant, Construction Plant-hire Association.
"It is so easy for us to be insular and not take good practice from other areas, here we have a great opportunity to see and hear best practice from Nuclear, Construction, Offshore, manufacturing and Health and Safety executive point of view, a rare opportunity not to be missed!"
Steve Bradby, Engineering Leader, Select Plant Hire and Event Chair, Crane Safety 2019
"Why is it important for engineers to join Crane Safety 2019? Because we are Engineers and we are always expected to know better."
Mike Ponsonby, Managing Director, Mike J Ponsonby Ltd
"A number of reason spring to mind including the opportunity to listen to lifting professionals from different sectors, understanding what others are working on for the future and networking with like minded people."
"Engineers solve problems. By increasing their awareness of the challenges facing the industry and solutions that are being developed we can all help to ensure people involved in lifting go home safely at the end of their working day."
Edward Carr, Lifting Solutions Business Stream Leader, Select Plant Hire
David Gostick, HM Specialist Inspector (Mechanical Engineering), HSE
"They are the eyes and ears on the ground when the lifting operation is taking place, if they are unsure it is safe then they are able to stop the lifting taking place."
John Carpenter, HSQE Manager, VolkerFitzpatrick
HEAR PRESENTATIONS AND INSIGHTS FROM:
- Mike Ponsonby shares lessons learned from the last three years of incidents and provides suggestions to ensure greater safety for all crane operators
- Health and Safety Executive provide key guidance to support asset integrity and maintenance
- BYLOR outline how they have overcome specific lifting challenges and crane volumes during construction of Hinckley Point C
- Sparrows Group identify issues with offshore crane integrity
- Laing O’Rourke highlight best practice for education and training to increase safety with human factors
ATTEND THIS SEMINAR TO:
- Ask the regulator: a unique opportunity to understand what is expected from those operating cranes, with examples of good and bad practice
- Network with crane engineering experts and budget-holding main contractors with ongoing equipment requirements
- Debate the best methods to reduce risk and increase savings in crane operations with industry leaders
- Hear from key construction stakeholders about the different crane usages in major construction and infrastructure projects to better understand client requirements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All Heads, Directors, Managers and Engineers who are involved in the following areas are strongly recommended to attend:
- Project Management
- Site Management
PAST ATTENDEES INCLUDE:
J Murphy & Sons
Falcon Tower Crane Services
MPS Crane Operators
Lloyds Register EMEA
Ministry of Defence
Cadman Cranes Ltd
Eadon Consulting Ltd
Total E&P UK
Bowmer and Kirkland
Health and Safety Authority
HTC Wolffkran Ltd
BAM Nuttall Ltd
BAE Systems Naval Ships
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS EVENTS:
"A must attend event for those working in the cranes & lifting industry!"
Technical Manager, EnerMech Ltd
"An excellent and informative day, with great speakers in their fields sharing their knowledge and experience."
Project Manager, BAM CONSTRUCTION
"An excellent event with interesting speakers and knowledgeable industry figures."
Construction Plant News
"Crane Safety - not as boring as you may think!"
Group AP, Toureen
"Everyone should know that safety is the first consideration when using cranes, but this event is key in providing the means for continuous safety improvement."
Sizewell 'A' PS(retired), Magnox Ltd
"Excellent event to keep abreast of latest developments"
Office for Nuclear Regulation
External Projects Health & Safety Adviser, Briggs of Burton PLC
"Keep this event going it was a very informative day. Well Done to all involved."
Lifting Operations Manager, McLaren Construction
"Must Attend Seminar for all areas of Lifting."
Crane Operations Manager, Babcock International
"Professional well-run course given by experts in their field."
Safety & Health Inspector, Health & Safety Authority (Irl)
"Thank you for organising this event, it was a valuable insight into various lifting situations and issues across a number of diverse industries."
Associate Technical Director, Falcon Tower Crane Services
"The crane safety day has been my first seminar with Imeche. which I have found to be very informative and this will benefit my development."
Mechanical Engineer, British Steel
"The most heartening point about this year's event was presentations on a wide range of topics given by new and younger presenters, not the "usual suspects"
Technical Consultant, Construction Plant-hire Association
"This event was very worthwhile, a real insight into the challenges faced in the lifting world and the controls implemented."
SHEQ Manager, Toureen Group
"This was a highly informative event which concentrated on the safety aspects of crane operation and ownership. The wide range of speakers and companies being represented provides an excellent insite which attendees from all sectors can learn from and importantly use as a platform to raise safety standard across the crane industry."
Director, Engineering and Inspection, IMES International Ltd
"This was a well run and perfectly executed seminar with interesting topics from specialists in their fields. A great venue and worth the trip to London to attend."
Lifting Services Manager, Babcock International Group
"Very enjoyable, knowledgeable event, well organised."
Director, Cadman Cranes Ltd
"Very worthwhile seminar as is all IMechE events."
Design Safety Case Manager, Ministry of Defence
"It's an essential part of the calendar for everyone involved in lifting operation safety."
Principal Associate, Hawkins
"Good course. Professional presenters sharing invaluable experiences of the real world."
Inspector, Health & Safety Authority Ireland
"Fantastic venue, great presentations with company leading professionals."
Principal Engineer, HSB Engineering Insurance
"Crane Safety was an important forum bridging a
gap in the CDM market for crane safety by bringing together suppliers,
practitioners and clients who have an interest in knowledge sharing to improve
"Very interesting with plenty of opportunity to liaise with similar professional colleagues."
Senior Construction Engineer, Doosan
"Highly valuable information for those who have responsibility for lifting operations."
Operations Engineer, Magnox
"An excellent gathering of professional people dedicated to raising the standards in Crane Safety."
Standards Engineer, Allianz Engineering
"Well organised event with excellent content."
Chief Executive, LEEA
Vertikal Days 2019
Vertikal Days is a specialist event with its core centred firmly around access platforms, cranes, telehandlers and associated lifting equipment. If you are a rental company, fleet owner, user or lifting professional, Vertikal Days will give you an unobstructed view of the industry's latest products.
For 2019, we are returning to Donington Park for an even bigger show. Expect to see lots of exciting new product launches making their way to the event directly from Bauma! Registration is now open for both exhibitors and visitors