Currently there is a disconnect between the design stage of equipment and the various sorts of inspection which are required to be carried out during its life. This is exacerbated by the desire to utilise novel materials e.g. composites, employ alternative testing methods, and the drive towards NDT 4.0.
As designers and manufacturers increasingly seek to utilise new materials, or employ additive manufacturing techniques, consideration must be given to how these components are inspected. Design standards should also factor in the requirements for new inspection practices that NDT practitioners are looking to deploy, such as phased-array ultrasonic testing in lieu of traditional radiography.
This one-day seminar offers the opportunity for the NDT community to come together and explore how best to feed into the design of engineering materials and equipment to support the optimal deployment of NDT throughout asset lifecycle.
Combining presentations from key industry experts, as well as in-depth networking opportunities, this event is a unique opportunity for NDT practitioners to hear how the latest testing methods are leading to accurate assessments and maintaining asset reliability for a variety of new and novel material types.
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Address changes to methods of testing, including Phased array ultrasonic testing, Time of flight diffraction, Digital and computed radiography, and Pulsed eddy current testing.
- Identify changes to materials. The introduction of Composites and Additive Manufacturing into NDT has led to a need for a change in design and clarity around standards for those using these materials.
- Hear different perspectives from engineering design on how to feed into codes and standards to provide for NDT to be performed through asset life
- Learn from case studies on NDT methods from different industries highlighting the challenges and lessons learned to deliver real value
- Meet and network with NDT specialists as well as asset manufacturers and operators and build your network of contacts
BRING YOUR TEAM - GROUP DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE:
For group bookings of 5 or more attendees, you and your colleagues can save 15% per place to join this technical event. This is a great opportunity for multiple engineers to:
- Benefit from the topics and discussions
- Maximise opportunities for learning and networking
- Contribute to their ongoing professional development
- Meet and collaborate with colleagues across multiple sites
- Bring new/junior team members up to speed
To organise your group booking, simply contact our Event Enquiries team and we would be delighted to make all the arrangements.
WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND:
- Benefit from insights and fresh perspectives from designers, regulators, NDT specialists, and equipment operators
Learn about new and emerging techniques, with examples of where they are being used and how best to deploy them
Be a part of active discussions on how standards must evolve to keep pace with trends in NDT
Understand the requirements for inspection of innovative materials, including composites and additively manufactured components
Learn how NDT automation is being used for asset operation and maintenance, and the specific design requirements it entails
Gain a better understanding of how AI and Digitalisation are being used by NDT engineers, as well as guidance on how to design for condition based/structural health monitoring
FEEBDACK FROM PREVIOUS EVENTS:
"An interesting event covering diverse inspection problems and solutions"
Lead NDE Specialist, Lloyds Register Marine & Offshore
"Well organised and well prepared."
"Well-organised event, good cross-section of relevant disciplines represented, some excellent presentations and enthusiastic discussions."
NDT Technical Authority, Doosan Babcock
"The IMechE NDT event was formed of incredibly well-rounded, interesting and engaging sessions, providing the chance to hear from and talk to many of the big players in the NDT industry."
NDE and Aircraft Health Management Engineer, QinetiQ
"Great informative event - with a varied range of speakers."
HSE Mechanical Specialist Inspector, HSE
"A well organised event giving broad information about emerging techniques in the field of NDT”
Head of Inspection and Assurance Services, Sellafield Ltd
"Excellent opportunity to meet and listen to industry-leading experts in the field of NDT."
Senior Corrosion Engineer
SUPPORT YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.
COVID-19 GUIDANCE FOR ATTENDEES:
The Institution takes every endeavour to operate all our events as “COVID-safe” as possible. This includes additional preventative measures, such as cleaning rotas and air ventilation. For further information on our activities in this area, view our infection control solutions webpages.