Enjoy peer-reviewed technical presentations and learning opportunities at this year's HRSG User Group. Attend to understand how to keep your technology up to date, enhance its operational lifespan and remain competitive in the market.
Attend this popular user group to hear successful strategies and new technologies to enhance the efficiency and operational lifespan of your heat recovery steam generator assets. Share expertise and guidance with manufacturers, owners, operators, engineering thought leaders and maintenance contractors.
- Examine common issues from the perspective of the user
- Learn about the latest developments in generator technologies
- Understand basic design principles and maintenance techniques
- Find collaborators for future projects
- Meet, greet and network with industry experts
The event format encourages open debate and problem solving, using presentations and discussion forums to facilitate networking and to share experience among the HRSG community. By bringing together many different viewpoints and approaches, you will take away learning points that have a unique application to your job.
Key speakers confirmed for 2017 include:
- Bob Anderson, Consultant, Competitive Power Resources Corporation
- Syed Nabeel Jamali, Plant Performance Engineer, VPI Immingham
- Stephen Kimpton, Mechanical Engineer, Centrica
- Mario Farrugia, Senior Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Malta
- Chris Ward, Lead Inspection Management Engineer (Compliance), RWE Generation Ltd.
Key topics include:
- Gain insights into the management of fabricated T pieces operating in the creep range from Centrica
- Hear from VPI Immingham about HRSG operational performance optimisation using thermoflex model
- Competitive Power Resources Corporation share key causes of thermally induced HRSG tube failures
- Hear about the use of phased array ultrasonic testing of welds in small bore tubing from RWE Generation Ltd and Uniper UK Ltd.
- Learn about managing flexible operation of HRSGs from Uniper Technologies
Attendees of the last user group included:
- Advanced Valve Solutions
- Alstom Power Thermal Service UK
- Bang@Clean Benelux BV
- Centrica Energy
- Competitve Power Resources Corporation
- Doosan Babcock
- ERA Technology Ltd
- Hardy Insurance Company
- Heliex Power Ltd
- Marchwood Power Ltd
- NEM Special Products
- RSA Engineering
- RSA Inspection & Consultancy
- RWE Generation
- RWE npower
- Spalding Energy Ltd
- Spirax Sarco Ltd
- SSE Generation
- Stock Thermeq BV
- Structural Integrity
Feedback from 2015
"Well organised and informative conference"
Project Engineer, Doosan Babcock:
"very good and was well co-ordinated"
Metallurgist, Doosan Babcock
"Interesting and relevant real life/real time experiences shared, both problems and solutions for all to share and benefit"
Sales Manager, GE Power Services
"Great opportunity to share information & experience & keep abreast of developments"
Integrity Engineer, E.On Technologies
"A great chance to exchange experiences with other people working in the industry"
Pressure Systems Engineer, Centrica Energy