The world leading International Conference on Turbochargers and Turbocharging returns in 2020. It will address current and novel turbocharging system choices and components with a renewed emphasis to address the challenges posed by emission regulations and market trends.
CALL FOR PAPERS NOW OPEN:
There has never been a better time to get involved: the call for papers is now open, submit your abstract before 12 July 2019 to present your findings at next year's conference.
The conference will focus on the development of air management solutions and waste heat recovery ideas to support thermal propulsion systems leading to high thermal efficiency and low exhaust emissions. These can be in the form of internal combustion engines or other propulsion technologies (eg. Fuel cell) in both direct drive and hybridised configuration. It particularly focuses on turbochargers, superchargers, waste heat recovery turbines and related air managements components in both electrical and mechanical form.
- Future Legislation needs for thermal propulsion systems (Eu7, EUVII, RDE, US24, China VI b)
- Air management needs in future powertrains for passenger car and commercial vehicles (On and Off-Highway)
- Future concepts for marine propulsion and power generating sets.
- Impact of alternate fuels (e.g. CNG, 2nd Gen Bio fuels, synthetic fuels)
- Turbocharger systems and novel configurations
- Boosting solutions for conventional powertrains
- Demands for turbochargers in hybrid powertrains.
- Electric turbochargers, electric compressors and turbo-generators
- Waste heat recovery systems and electric turbo-compounding
- Boosting solutions for new engine concepts
- Energy, thermal management and control in hybrid systems
- Turbomachinery aerodynamic development
- New Compressors and Turbines
- Single and multi-stage turbocharger systems
- Component fatigue life, bearing design and rotor-dynamics
- Mechatronics, control, sensors and power electronics needs for Boosting
- Simulation techniques: 3D, 1D and 0D
- New testing and measurement methods
- Advanced manufacturing processes and the role of additive manufacturing
- Industry 4.0
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Submit an abstract for your proposed paper in 500 words and include:
- Your full name, job title, organisation and contact details
- A working title for your paper
- A short biography for the lead author (no more than 50 words)
Please submit your abstract by 12 July 2019 online via the Firebird system
For any queries about submitting your work, please contact the events team on +44 (0)20 7973 1251 or email@example.com
Deadline for Draft Papers: 25 October 2019
Deadline for Final Papers: 7 February 2020
Speakers in 2018 included: Garrett Advancing Motion, Cummins Turbo Technologies, BorgWarner Turbo Systems, Queens University Belfast, Caterpillar Inc, Mercedes AMG HPP Ltd, MAHLE Powertrain Limited, Cross Manufacturing Co, Dyson Ltd, Hochschule RheinMain FEV Europe GmbH, Perkins Engines Co Ltd, Volvo Group Trucks Technology, Great Wall Motors, SuperTurbo Technologies Inc, Toyota Motorsport GmbH, PCA Engineers and Scania CV AB
Feedback from 2018 conference:
"A great opportunity for networking with interesting papers."
Mr Sam Coleman MEng CEng MIMechE ACGI, Senior Engineering Manager, Garrett Advancing Motion
"A very informative event providing the latest up to date information on the development and direction of turbochargers."
Paul Davies, Sales Manager, Sandvik Osprey
"All-in-all a round event embracing a conveniently sized circle of high-level experts focused on turbocharger related themes."
Raphael Ryser, Senior Expert Turbocharging & Engine Technology, ABB Turbo Systems Ltd
"An excellent, thought provoking event. Well worth attending."
Daniel Corley, Student, University College London
"An informative event with a strong networking focus at a fantastic venue."
Nicholas John Emery, Mechanical Engineer, Aeristech Ltd
"Exceptional event on turbocharging where Industry meets Academia."
Mihai Mihaescu, Associate Professor, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
"Good summary of the latest developments in turbocharging technology, future trends, and where the Internal Combustion Engine industry is headed in general."
Aron Pye, Senior Associate Performance Engineer, Caterpillar
"I think it is the best conference I have every participated in. I will definitely
recommend this conference to my colleagues."
Shyang Maw Lim, PhD student, Competence Center for Gas Exchange (CCGEx), KTH Royal Institute of Technology
"Look forward to the next conference"
Kian Banisoleiman, Principal Consultant, Lloyd's Register
"Overall a more successful conference than 2016. Venue was better, presentations reached a higher standard. Still room to improve though and we have to get more efficient and impactful."
Peter Davies, Senior Director Powertrain, Garrett Advancing Motion
"Overall job well-done! Thanks, I hope to see you again in 2 years. "
Jeffrey Farris, Director of Business Development, Winsert, Inc.
"Thanks for the great event!"
Koen Kramer, Chief Engineer, Great Wall Motors Engine R&D
"The best technical conference and networking event for the turbocharger industry worldwide. If you want to know the latest in turbocharging research and development, you should be attending this event!"
Aaron Costall, Lecturer in Thermofluids, Imperial College London
"Very well focused meeting attracting a good number of senior people from industry and academia. Interesting exhibit and strong, relevant technical papers."
Chris Robinson, MD, PCA Engineers Limited
"Very well organized conference with great opportunites to meet new people form the
engine and turbocharger business."
Max Stadermann, Research Assosiate, RWTH Aachen University (VKA)