The Institution's popular conference comes to Singapore for the first time!
Building on more than thirty years’ success of the International Conference on Turbochargers and Turbocharging, the IMechE is proud to announce the conference’s first Asia Pacific edition.
In response to exponential growth in the region, this brand new event will bring together the APAC turbochargers industry and will address the specific commercial and regulatory challenges facing local operators.
The programme explores the latest technical developments in turbocharging technologies through in-depth presentations from OEMs, researchers, tier 1 suppliers and academics. By attending you will arm yourself with the latest knowledge, insights and professional connections in this fast-growing and ever-changing industry.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Carl William Burrell, Chief Designer – Concept Engines, Geely Powertrain Research Institute
- Kenichi Segawa, Manager, Product Development Group, IHI Corporation
- Azmi Osman, Senior Manager (Research), Strategic Office, Proton
- Tatsuya Sugawara, Assistant Chief Engineer, Honda
- Koen Kramer, Chief Engineer Turbocharger Department, Great Wall Motors
- Peter Davies, Senior Director Powertrain, Garrett - Advancing Motion
- Calogero Avola, Senior Technology System Engineer, General Motors
- Naomichi Shibata, Senior Engineer, Turbocharger Division, MHI Engine & Turbocharger Ltd.
- Srithar Rajoo, Director, UTM Centre for Low Carbon Transport
Plus: APL Group, IAVF Karlsruhe, Lloyd’s Register, Nanyang Technological University, Imperial College London, Shangahi Jiao Tong University and Chiba University
The event will address the following main topic areas:
Overview of cutting-edge turbocharger technologies to improve efficiency for changing environments
- Insight into changing emissions standards across the region and how the OEMs are preparing for them
- Latest design trends and the benefits of using them including variable geometry turbines
- State-of-the-art performance measurement testing and modelling techniques
- Electrification and hybrid systems and the incorporation of turbochargers
- Methods to improve the durability and performance of the turbocharger when using a reduced oil quality
- Gain a greater understanding of the impact of incoming emissions regulations across the Asia Pacific region and how the industry is preparing for them
- Discuss the future of the turbocharger market globally with heads of powertrain, performance, design engineering from automotive manufacturing companies
- Gain insight into the latest turbocharger design developments and technology to increase performance efficiency
- Build your network of contacts and meet representatives and researchers from leading international turbocharger manufacturing organisations
Opportunities to participate:
If you would like participate in the inaugural conference, please contact Naomi Arthey, Senior Conference Producer, on +44 (0)20 7973 1251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback from the previous conference:
"A great opportunity for networking with interesting papers."
Senior Engineering Manager, Honeywell Turbo Technologies
"A very informative event providing the latest up to date information on the development and direction of turbochargers."
Sales Manager, Sandvik Osprey
"All-in-all a round event embracing a conveniently sized circle of high-level experts focused on turbocharger related themes."
Senior Expert Turbocharging & Engine Technology, ABB Turbo Systems Ltd
"An informative event with a strong networking focus at a fantastic venue."
Mechanical Engineer, Aeristech Ltd
"Exceptional event on turbocharging where Industry meets Academia."
Associate Professor, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
"Good summary of the latest developments in turbocharging technology, future trends, and where the Internal Combustion Engine industry is headed in general."
Senior Associate Performance Engineer, Caterpillar
"Look forward to the next conference"
Principal Consultant, Lloyd's Register
"Overall job well-done! Thanks, I hope to see you again in 2 years. "
Director of Business Development, Winsert, Inc.
"Thanks for the great event!"
Chief Engineer, Great Wall Motors Engine R&D
"The best technical conference and networking event for the turbocharger industry worldwide. If you want to know the latest in turbocharging research and development, you should be attending this event!"
Lecturer in Thermofluids, Imperial College London
"Very well focused meeting attracting a good number of senior people from industry and academia. Interesting exhibit and strong, relevant technical papers."
MD, PCA Engineers Limited
"Excellent environment to see the turbocharging industry at work"
Technical Director, National Laboratory of Engine Turbocharging Technology, China
"Excellent event to meet and greet almost every member of the turbocharging industry. Very good open discussions."
Associate Professor, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)
"Highly prestigious turbocharging conference, which is fully supported by all major turbocharger manufacturers and a good mix of turbocharger customers"
Principal Consultant, Lloyd's Register EMEA
"One of the two reference events on turbocharging. Thank you."
Senior Director Powertrain, Honeywell
"This conference brings everyone working in turbocharging together under one roof."
Senior Advisor, Halder Beteiligungsberatung GmbH
"Thoroughly enjoyed the event, it was very well put together with a good representation of manufacturers, academics, technology companies. It was time and money very well spent to come away with great ideas and the contacts to make them happen."
Mazda Motor Corporation
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE:
The technical advisory committee consists of experts in the global and regional turbochargers industry, including:
- Takashi Otobe, Chief Engineer, Motor Sport Department 1, Honda R&D Co.
- Nathan McArdle, Manager, Advanced Development Programs, BorgWarner
- Peter Davies, Senior Director Powertrain, Garrett-Advancing Powertrain
- Kian Banisoleiman, Principal Consultant, Lloyd’s Register
- Dietmar Filsinger, Engineering Division, IHI Charging Systems International
- Michael Dolton, Compressor and Turbine Stage Engineering- Director, Cummins Turbo Technologies
- Takahiro Bamba, Manager of Component Development Group, IHI Corporation
- Xin Shi, Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology
- Ennio Codan, Senior turbocharging expert, ABB Turbo Systems Ltd.
- Seiichi Ibaraki, MHI
- Alessandro Romagnoli, Associate Professor, Nangyang Technological University
- Yang Mingyang, Professor, Department of Automation, Shangahi Jiao Tong University