Free and open to all
This webinar is based on part of the Guide published by the Tribology Group of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
It will cover rolling bearings and specifically:
If you want to register for this webinar please do so directly using this link
- Basic types, strengths and limitations
- Primary determinants of life expectancy
- Calculations of fatigue life capability
- Dynamic and static load ratings
- Limiting speed, thermal speed rating
- Installation and internal clearance
- Formulae and examples are given to aid understanding of bearing behaviour
- Manufacture of rolling bearings requires specialised equipment and knowledge
- Real life applications will need additional factors from BS-ISO standards and manufacturers catalogues.
12:00 - Webinar Programme
12:00 - Webinar begins
12:30 - Q&A session
13:00 - Webinar ends
David Carnell: Chairman, BSI Standards Committee MCE/7
David Carnell retired as Engineering Operations Manager at NSK-RHP after 40 years in leading design roles for rolling bearings. Currently Chairman of BSI Standards Committee MCE/7 for rolling bearings, and leader of UK delegations to meetings of ISO Technical committee TC4 Rolling bearings. An active member of IMechE Tribology Group Committee and a past chairman, he has compiled and updated the detailed rolling bearings part of the Webinar based on the original Design Guide.
Bookings via your online account are currently unavailable. We are working to restore this as soon as we can.
To book a place at this event, please use the online booking form instead.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
This event has ended
There are currently no tickets available.
Booking multiple tickets or on behalf of someone else? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)207 973 1251.