The Young Engineers' Railway Seminar returns in October to One Birdcage Walk in London. This is the flagship event for young rail engineers, providing a range of exciting presentations from industry leaders, practical team challenges and multiple networking opportunities to advance your career and understand the possibilities when it comes to working in the rail industry.
This year’s seminar will focus on skills and the current skills shortage in the rail sector regarding technically competent engineers. This event will equip those in the early stages of their careers in rail with the skills and knowledge needed to better understand the challenges the industry faces, make invaluable contacts across the industry for future collaboration, and to be capable of advancing in their careers at the pace the industry currently requires.
As a platform to learn more about the industry in a professional environment from those that have been there and done it themselves, to improve your technical skills, and to network with peers from across the UK, there is no better way than by attending the Young Engineers’ Railway Seminar.
Confirmed seminar speakers include:
- Zoe Dobell, Project Engineer, London Underground
- Alex Bennett, Operational Development Manager, London Underground
- Neil Ovenden, Engineering Supply Chain Lead, Rail Delivery Group
- Philip Pauley, Owner, Pauley Group
Why attend this year's Young Engineers' Railway Seminar?
- Network with other engineers in the early stages of their careers in rail
- Learn about the current and future challenges facing the rail industry
- Gain a greater understanding of the broader rail sector and where a career in railway engineering can take you
- Hear from thought-leaders who have scaled the career ladder in the rail industry
- Understand potential career paths in rail and how you can excel
Why do employers need to send their rail engineers to this seminar?
- Develop the skills of young engineers through interactive workshops.
- Develop staff competencies in working towards professional registration.
- Keeps graduates up to date with the most recent innovations in rail technology through keynote speeches delivered by industry experts
Delegate feedback from the last event:
"A very good insight into the innovative ideas and activities in parts of the industry I am not normally exposed to. Great change to network with fellow young engineers"
Graduate Engineer, Eversholt Rail
“Great opportunity to meet engineers of your level at other companies. Lots of fun, really well organised, would highly recommended.”
Graduate Engineer, Freightliner
Who should attend?
Graduate engineers working in all facets of the rail sector and engineers in the early stages of their careers in the rail industry
- Aoife Considine, Project Engineer, London Underground
- Gary Cooke, Graduate Engineer, Eversholt Rail
- David Lawes, Rolling Stock Engineer, London Underground
- Tim van Ellemeet, Consultant, Taylor Airey Limited