Building on previous popular seminars in this series, the Institution's Non Destructive Testing 2019 seminar will provide a clear technical overview of current techniques and technologies available for those carrying out non destructive testing.
Attendees will also hear the results of the latest findings from research and academia, bridging the gap between current best practice and future applications for enhanced testing methods.
Take away lesson learned from industry, with case study examples from Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals Renewables and others, and understand how your organisation can achieve faster, more accurate and cost-effective testing.
Key topics for 2019 include:
- Making the most of current NDT techniques and managing the challenges they pose
- Cutting-edge NDT research and technologies being trialled
- Standards and design requirements
- Detecting defects in a variety of materials including composites
- Validation of techniques and reducing service downtime
- Managing the challenge of corrosion under and within installations
- Non-Destructive Testing and Structural Health Monitoring
- Moving towards simulation and calculating the probability of detection
Confirmed speakers include:
- Gethin Davies, Lead Innovation Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover
- James Downing, Chief NDT Engineer, Marine & Technology, Babcock International Group
- Ben Karkera, Mechanical Engineer, NDE Technology, BAE Systems, Maritime – Submarines
- Jérôme Delemontez, NDT expert Engineer, EDF - Division Technique Générale
- Anthony Croxford, Professor of Ultrasonics, University of Bristol
Plus: hear from BAE Systems, Office for Nuclear Regulation, Rolls Royce Submarines, University of Bristol and more!
Co-Located with: Non Invasive Inspection Technologies
Inspection managers need to have safer methods of performing inspection of pressure equipment, often in hazardous environments, and are increasingly looking to automated and remote methods involving drones, free swimming devices, crawlers and other non-invasive methods.
Hear how site operators are currently employing these new technologies and learn key lessons to overcome the challenge of inspecting previously inaccessible areas while balancing safety and costs.
Upgrade your event experience: access both events and join the sessions most relevant to your requirements!
Previous seminar attendees include:
Air Products Plc
CCFE Fusion Branch
Costain Oil Gas & Process Ltd
Frazer Nash Consultancy Ltd
Health and Safety Executive
Jaguar Land Rover
National Composites Centre
Oceaneering International Services Ltd
Office for Nuclear Regulation
PFL Engineering Services Ltd
RAK Inspection Services
Rolls Royce Marine Power
SABIC UK Petrochemicals Ltd
Severn Trent Water Ltd
The Manufacturing Tech Centre
Uniper UK Ltd
University of Southampton
University of Surrey
WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
Feedback from previous events:
"An interesting event covering diverse inspection problems and solutions"
Lead NDE Specialist, Lloyds Register Marine & Offshore
"Well organised and well prepared."
"Well-organised event, good cross-section of relevant disciplines represented, some excellent presentations and enthusiastic discussions."
NDT Technical Authority, Doosan Babcock
"The IMechE NDT event was formed of incredibly well-rounded, interesting and engaging sessions, providing the chance to hear from and talk to many of the big players in the NDT industry."
NDE and Aircraft Health Management Engineer, QinetiQ
"Great informative event - with a varied range of speakers."
HSE Mechanical Specialist Inspector, HSE
"A well organised event giving broad information about emerging techniques in the field of NDT”
Head of Inspection and Assurance Services, Sellafield Ltd
"Excellent opportunity to meet and listen to industry-leading experts in the field of NDT."
Senior Corrosion Engineer
Booking multiple places or on behalf of someone else? Contact Event Enquiries on +44(0)20 7973 1251 or email email@example.com