As engineering inevitability moves into the digital era, it continues to face challenges around simulation and modelling. There is a huge pressure on companies across all industries to move towards total simulation and digital testing in order to avoid the heavy costs associated with physical testing and the building of physical prototypes.
To support all engineering industries, the Simulation and Modelling 2019 conference will provide a forum to discuss the latest developments being made with computer aided and virtual engineering. Explore the advances being made with integration, optimisation and validation, from design stage right through to manufacturing.
NEW FOR 2019:
- SOFTWARE ROUNDTABLE WORKSHOPS & DEMONSTRATIONS: Ask software providers questions specific to your needs, as they showcase the latest software updates and additional packages and applications that support your existing tools. An opportunity to build upon existing knowledge of software basics and delve deeper into more advanced software tools and packages.
- This year we’re looking at examples across industries, with presentations from aerospace and automotive, power, defence and railway industries.
- There will be more focus around data handling, storage and analytics. Challenges around large data sets are inevitable with the increasing complexity of models and subsequent data output. These challenges need to be addressed across industry.
- The Simulation and Modelling Conference will be co-located with our seminar covering advances in thermo-fluid applications of simulation and modelling on the 18th of September, 2019.
- Design scoping, definition and optimisation
- Model validity & credibility: addressing uncertainty
- Asset life management
- Deployment of digital twins
- Democratisation of simulation
- Integrating simulation into the iot world
- Digitising mechanical engineering with the cloud
- Data handling and analytics
- Addressing challenges around increasing model complexity
- Multiphysics: testing multiple phenomena
Confirmed speakers include:
- Robert Lewis, Managing Director, TotalSim
- Giovanni Federico, Whole Engine Modelling Analyst, Rolls-Royce
- Igor Strashny, Engineering Manager, Electrification & Validation Programs, Caterpillar Global Mining
- Adam Brooke, Senior Principal Engineer, Modelling and Simulation, Fuel and Actuation Sub-Systems, Rolls-Royce
- Dominic Dathan, Aero-Thermal Engineer, d2hAero
- Phanikrishna Thota, Landing Gear Technical Domain Specialist, Airbus
- Neil Ashton, Senior Researcher, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
- Mark Enzer, Chief Technical Officer, Mott MacDonald
- Louise Wright, Science Area Leader for Modelling, National Physical Laboratory
- Prashant Khapane, Head of Advance Simulation Technology Engineering Laboratories, Jaguar Land Rover
- Erdem Ozturk, Senior Technical Fellow, Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre with Boeing
- Adrian Gaylard, Technical Specialist, Computational Aerodynamics & WDM, Jaguar Land Rover
- Albrecht Kyrieleis, Senior Consultant, Nuclear Physics, Wood Group PLC
- Claire Lucas, Principal Teaching Fellow, University of Warwick
- Representative from Amazon Web Services
- Representative from Dassault Systemes
CO-LOCATED WITH: ADVANCES IN HEAT TRANSFER MODELLING AND DESIGN OPTIMISATION:
Attend to explore the advances being made with integration, optimisation and validation, from design stage right through to manufacturing: full event details and registration available now!
Upgrade your event experience: access both events and join the sessions most relevant to your requirements!
Feedback from previous Simulation and Modelling conferences
"A very informative event with a great diversity of topics addressing the current and future challenges in simulation technology and governance. IMechE run a very slick event."
Global Simulation Manager, Sensata Technologies
"A well organised, very informative event with a broad range of disciplines, skills and ideas presented"
Assistant Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, Coventry University
"An excellent overview of the current trends in mechanical engineering simulation across a range of different industries"
Senior Mechanical Research Engineer, Dyson Ltd
"Good event, well organised"
Studio Manager, Arcmedia Ltd
"Some useful presentations providing some insight in to the future of Modelling and Simulation"
Fuel System Design Lead, BAE Systems
"This seminar provides a good balance of presentations and opportunities for networking with customers and suppliers."
Consultant, Transforming Stress Ltd
"Worthwhile conference with real industrial case studies and valuable academic content."
Director, Consulting, theSDMconsultancy
"A great opportunity to share common challenges and to coordinate a future strategy"
University of Warwick
"A well packaged and organised event featuring a diverse array of experiences and knowledge of modelling and simulation challenges."
"Excellent event - well worth the time and money. The cross company knowledge share is invaluable."
"Great format, great speakers, highly relevant subject matter!"
"Excellent event - I was left with plenty of food for thought!"
Mechanical Simulation Engineer, Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
"Excellent speakers, thought provoking content."
Chief of Analytical Design, Rolls-Royce Fuel Cell Systems
"Great event with a good range of topics from the simulation and modelling industry."
Software Developer and Digital Marketing Coordinator, ITI