The industry is two years on from the implementation of the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) and the Real Driving Emissions (RDE) test procedure and with several adaptations since, companies are still facing challenges with the new testing processes.
This one-day seminar will focus on lessons learned to equip you with the knowledge needed for cost-effective and successful testing processes. Hear directly from the Vehicle Certification Agency about requirements laid out in WLTP Act 2 and RDE Package Four to ensure you are compliant. Maximise the chance of testing success of all your models by learning about the latest testing technologies and facilities available.
Network with testing, design and performance engineers as well as researchers and specialists in emissions testing.
Why attend this seminar?
"As well as giving a background to RDE and WLTP, the variety of speakers and topics will help professionals attending gain a greater understanding of the many difficulties and challenges in this area."
David Sykes, Senior Consultant - Airborne Particle Specialist, Ricardo Energy & Environment
"I think it is important for industry professionals to exchange opinions, experiences & knowledge regarding the challenges of RDE and WLTP."
Tom Moakes, Senior Engineer - RDE & PEMS, HORIBA MIRA
Click here to read the full interviews ahead of the event.
Attend this event to:
- Hear from experts in emissions testing including the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) UK, McLaren, HORIBA MIRA, Volvo Group, MAHLE Powertrain, Ricardo Energy & Environment, University of Bath and Cambustion
- Mitigate risk of testing failure of your vehicles by developing best practice in preparing for and carrying out emissions testing
- Learn about cutting-edge technology and testing techniques to make your testing procedures more efficient
- Prepare for testing cars of the future with the growth in hybrid and electric vehicle adoption leading to further regulatory changes
- Discuss managing challenges in emissions testing with key players in the industry from OEMs, testing facilities, regulators, testing solution providers and academic institutions
Key programme highlights:
- Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) UK covers the current status of RDE Package Four and the requirements to meet this standard
- Volvo Group provide insights into their use of VECTO, the new simulation tool to measure CO2 emissions from heavy duty cehicles
- McLaren share lessons learned in adapting their calibration systems for carrying out RDE testing
- HORIBA MIRA reveal how they manage the efficiency challenges of operating a real driving emissions test service
- Ricardo Energy & Environment discuss particle number measurement and correct calibration of measurement systems
Seminar speakers include:
- Duncan Robinson-Slater, Principal Engineer, Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) UK
- Hu Li, Associate Professor, Deputy Leader of the Clean Combustion Research Group, School of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Leeds
- Graziano Malivindi, Principal Emissions & Efficiency Engineer, McLaren Automotive
- Simon Williams, Principal Calibration Engineer, MAHLE Powertrain
Co-located event: Low Carbon Transport: Engineering the Fuels of the Future
Internal combustion engines will remain as the main powertrain source for many years to come but in light of tightening emissions targets, alternatives need to be considered. This seminar will cover the latest developments in low carbon fuels including synthetic fuels, as well as practical applications in use in the automotive and marine sectors. Address adoption of low carbon fuels with engine developers, fuel developers, technology providers, OEMs, researchers and regulators.
Technical Advisory Board:
Paul Markwick, Managing Director of Operations, The Manufacturing Technology Centre
Steve Mann, Real World Drive Emissions (RDE) & Calibration Leader, HORIBA MIRA
We have confirmed preferential hotel rates at the Grange Wellington Hotel, 71 Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PA on 8th July 2019. Superior and Executive rooms are available at a rate of £149/£179 + VAT. Rates include WIFI and a continental breakfast.
In order to make a booking, please contact the hotel direct by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively call T: +44 (0) 20 7834 4740 by Tuesday 18 June stating the allocation reference 080719N. Credit card details will be required to guarantee the booking, payment will be settled on departure. Rooms may be cancelled free of charge up to 7 days prior to arrival.
Booking multiple tickets (group discounts available) or on behalf of someone else? Email us