Nirab’s recent report highlighted that in order to achieve a net-zero target by 2050 nuclear needs to be included in the low-carbon technologies to be deployed at scale. As well as looking at traditional nuclear plants the power generation industry is looking to achieve greater innovation in nuclear design in the UK in in order to realise efficient energy production.
This online seminar is a key opportunity to hear more about SMR and AMR projects currently in progress, both in the UK and globally, and understand how the key technical and financial challenges to reactor development are being overcome.
Learn about emerging and developing reactor technologies including molten salt, uranium and fusion. Additionally, improvements to more conventional pressurised water reactors will be explored, enabling nuclear power to take its place in the low-carbon energy mix.
This is also your chance to hear from the regulatory bodies on how they are supporting and furthering development plans. Make the most of interactive, digital question and answer sessions and address your specific technical challenges.
WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN:
- Hear from nuclear new build and design pioneers including Rolls Royce, U-Battery, Moltex Energy Ltd, Tokamak Energy, NNL and Culham Centre
- Develop your roadmap for nuclear new build through shared learnings from your peers, making full use of the available support
- Gain insight into small modular reactor development in the UK and its role in the future energy mix
- Learn about novel reactor designs. including molten salt and uranium, examining their relative benefits and address their practicality for industry applications
- Hear about how industry leaders are addressing and overcoming common financial and regulatory barriers
PREVIOUS NUCLEAR EVENT ATTENDEES INCLUDED:
Abbott Risk Consulting
Allied Power Group
Babcock International Group
Defence Infrastructure Organisation
EDF Energy Ltd
Lynkeos Technology Limited
Ministry of Defence
Solid State Disks Ltd
Springfields Fuels Ltd
Urenco UK Ltd
Wood Nuclear LTD
TWO EVENTS FOR NUCLEAR PROFESSIONALS:
Nuclear Innovation: Legacy Cost Reduction - 17 November 2020 - Online Live Seminar
Understand the latest technical developments that are ensuring cost-efficient methods for managing legacy nuclear assets. Hear best practice decommissioning case studies from leading organisations covering topics including laser cutting, pond clear-ups and waste characterisation to take lessons learned back to your organisation.
WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND:
- Hear status updates on SMR and AMR projects
- Gain insight into considerations for manufacturing and assembling reactors
Learn about how to overcome siting challenges and how lessons can be learned from other industries
Gain an overview of government competitions and funding opportunities
Gain a greater insight into current designs for reactors and benefits and by-products such as industrial heating and hydrogen production
Hear the key parts of safety and regulation around advanced nuclear reactor design
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All engineers and professionals involved in power generation and the nuclear industry should attend this seminar.
SUPPORT YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.