Thought-provoking industry discussions on the use of simulation and modelling to drive down costs, reduce inefficiencies and eradicate costly prototypes across multiple engineering industries.
As engineering inevitability moves into the digital era, it continues to face challenges around simulation and modelling. There is a huge pressure on companies across all industries to move towards total simulation and digital testing in order to avoid the heavy costs associated with physical testing and the building of physical prototypes.
To support all engineering industries, the Simulation and Modelling 2021 event will once more provide a forum to discuss the latest developments being made with computer aided and virtual engineering. Explore the advances being made with integration, optimisation and validation, from design stage right through to manufacturing.
We invite all engineers, researchers and academics to be a part of the 2021 event programme and share your work with the wider engineering community: contact event producer Fran Shaw to start the process.
Why present at Simulation and Modelling?
- Contribute to and learn about the most recent advancesin this field
- Advocate your techniques, technologies and best practice in front of researchers, policy makers and regulators
- Meet dozens of engineers with common interests and make new, influential and valuable connections
- Benefit from having your work peer-reviewed by a committee of senior engineers
- Benchmark your organisation's processes against others in your industry
WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND:
- Discover new modelling techniques that impact industrial design output and competitiveness though more accurate models and efficient design
- Identify key challenges and potential solutions relating to a topic of your choice in roundtable discussion
- Learn from those working on new methods and approaches to the common challenges across industry
- Influence the next generation of software tools by discussing your specific needs and challenges with software developers
- Hear directly from suppliers and get an update on the latest technologies
PAST EVENT DELEGATES INCLUDE:
Abbott Risk Consulting
AC & E
Babcock International Group
Castflow Furnaces LTD
Corrosion Resistant Products Ltd
Cummins Turbo Technologies
DENSO Automotive UK Ltd
Flow Science UK Ltd
Glasgow Caledonian University
Hale Hamilton Valves Ltd
Harper Adams University
MBDA UK Ltd
National Research Council of Canada
Nissan Technical Centre Europe
Northern Aerospace Ltd
Nottingham Trent University
Nuclear AMRC Midland
Pilgram International Ltd
Red Bull Technology Limited
Shell International Ltd
Technical University of Denmark
University College London
Xi Engineering Consultants Ltd<
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS EVENTS:
"A very informative event with a great diversity of topics addressing the current and future challenges in simulation technology and governance. IMechE run a very slick event."
Global Simulation Manager, Sensata Technologies
"A well organised, very informative event with a broad range of disciplines, skills and ideas presented"
Assistant Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, Coventry University
"An excellent overview of the current trends in mechanical engineering simulation across a range of different industries"
Senior Mechanical Research Engineer, Dyson Ltd
"Good event, well organised"
Studio Manager, Arcmedia Ltd
"Some useful presentations providing some insight in to the future of Modelling and Simulation"
Fuel System Design Lead, BAE Systems
"This seminar provides a good balance of presentations and opportunities for networking with customers and suppliers."
Consultant, Transforming Stress Ltd
"Worthwhile conference with real industrial case studies and valuable academic content."
Director, Consulting, theSDMconsultancy
"A great opportunity to share common challenges and to coordinate a future strategy"
University of Warwick
"A well packaged and organised event featuring a diverse array of experiences and knowledge of modelling and simulation challenges."
"Excellent event - well worth the time and money. The cross company knowledge share is invaluable."
"Great format, great speakers, highly relevant subject matter!"
"Excellent event - I was left with plenty of food for thought!"
Mechanical Simulation Engineer, Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
"Excellent speakers, thought provoking content."
Chief of Analytical Design, Rolls-Royce Fuel Cell Systems
"Great event with a good range of topics from the simulation and modelling industry."
Software Developer and Digital Marketing Coordinator, ITI
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.