VTMS 14: dedicated to discussing the latest international developments in Vehicle Thermal Management Systems. The Institution's biennial conference will return in 2019 to discuss the latest international developments in vehicle thermal management systems.
The two-day programme will feature plenary sessions, breakout technical sessions, panel discussions, and a dedicated exhibition to bring you the latest product offerings from around the world, along with a great opportunity to network with the leaders in industry.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: ENDS 7 DECEMBER 2018
With the drive towards electrification the challenges involved in vehicle thermal management have never been so diverse. VTMS 14 will showcase the latest research and technological advances in heat transfer, energy management, thermal comfort and the efficient integration and control of all thermal systems within the vehicle.
Be part of this diverse, international programme by submitting your work and present your findings to the key decision-makers in industry.
Speakers have included: Ricardo, Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan Technical Centre Europe, MIRA, MAHLE Behr, University of Warwick, University of Brighton, AVL Powertrain, MAGNA, Valeo Thermal Systems, Tata Technologies and many more.
Topics to be addressed include:
Components for thermal management systems:
- Design and latest component developments
- Material and process developments for future requirements
- Trends and challenges for manufacturing
- New testing methodologies for heat exchange components
- Coolant and refrigerant trends
Powertrain thermal management:
- HEV and EV powertrain challenges
- IC engine thermal management and efficiency improvements
- Waste heat recovery and thermal energy storage
Vehicle thermal management:
- Cooling systems
- Thermal management for electrical systems
- Heating, air conditioning, thermal comfort and climate control
- Underhood heat transfer and air flow management
- Thermal systems control, analysis and integration
How to submit:
- Produce a summary of your proposed presentation. This needs to outline what you will talk about in 500 words. Your summary should be written in English and include your name, paper title and affiliations and will be made available to the Conference delegation.
- Email your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 November 2018
- Following the submission deadline the IMechE will be in touch to notify presenters if the presentation has been accepted. Draft presentations will be required by 15 March 2019
PAST DELEGATES INCLUDE:
Arconic Manufacturing UK Ltd
Atomic Weapons Establishment
AVL Powertrain UK Ltd
Bentley Motors Ltd
Changan UK R & D Centre Ltd
Continental Automotive GmbH
Emerald Automotive Design
Hitachi Rail Europe
J C Bamford Excavators Ltd
Jaguar Land Rover
Korens Company Ltd
Modine Europe GmbH
Nissan Motor Corporation
Ricardo UK Ltd
Schaeffler UK Ltd
Solvay Fluor GmbH
Technical Services (Uk) Ltd
Thermoelectric Conversion Systems Ltd
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS CONFERENCES
"Another excellent year at VTMS 13 - possibly the most technically rich conference in the field of Vehicle Thermal Management."
Sales & Engineering Director, Technical Services (UK) Ltd
"Interesting panels and well organized event, came home with new ideas and topics to discuss at our company"
Senior Researcher, Virtual Vehicle
"It's the premier UK event for vehicle thermal management!"
Technical Specialist, Changan UK R&D Centre Ltd