The transport sector continues to shift towards alternative powertrains, particularly with the UK Government’s announcement to end the sale of petrol and diesel passenger cars by 2030 and increasing support for alternatives. Despite this announcement, the internal combustion continues to play a significant role both in the passenger car market through the use of hybrids and sustainable low carbon fuels, as well as a key role in other sectors such as heavy duty vehicles and off-highway applications across the globe.
Building on the industry-leading IC Engines conference, the Powertrain Systems for Net-Zero Transport conference will focus on the internal combustion engine’s role in Net-Zero transport as well as covering developments in the wide range of propulsion systems available (electric, fuel cell, sustainable fuels etc) and their associated powertrains. In order to achieve the net-zero transport across the globe, the life-cycle analysis of future powertrain and energy will also be included.
The 2021 conference will provide a forum for engine, fuels, e-machine, fuel cell and powertrain experts to look closely at developments in powertrain technology required to meet the demands of the net-zero future and global competition in all sectors of the road transportation, off-highway and stationary power industries.
Confirmed Keynote Presentations include:
- Carsten Weber, Manager, Powertrain Research & Advanced Engineering, Ford Europe
- Phil Killingley, Deputy Head, UK Government Office for Zero Emission Vehicles
- Nicolas Rankovic R&D Program manager, Advanced Fuels, Aramco
WHY ATTEND IN 2021:
- Hear the latest developments in powertrain development and systems analysis across a variety of powertrain types including electric, hybrid, fuel cell and internal combustion engine
- Gain insight into engine design and application using sustainable fuels including hydrogen, e-fuels and biomethane
- Discover the cutting-edge simulation, modelling and experimental techniques research and how to make the most of it in vehicle design and testing
- Learn about the impact of Realworld Driving Emission (RDE) testing and the latest developments in emissions control systems
- Gain a greater understanding of life-cycle analysis of powertrain and energy and this impacts transport powertrain design
PAST DELEGATES INCLUDE:
Aramco Research Center - Detroit
Automotive Products Srl
AVL Powertrain UK Ltd
Brian Mason Technology Ltd
Brunel University London
Changan UK R&D Centre Limited
CNR - Istituto Motori
Cross Manufacturing Company (1938) Ltd.
DENSO Automotive Ltd
FPT Motorenforschung AG
HORIBA MIRA Ltd.
Imperial College London
Jaguar Land Rover
JCB Power Systems
MAHLE Powertrain Limited
Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
Ricardo UK Ltd
Shell Global Solutions (UK)
University of Bath
University of Brighton
University of Malta
Vehicle Certification Agency
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS CONFERENCE:
"A great insight in to the different stances in industry."
Graduate Trainee, Perkins Engines Co. Ltd.
"An interesting and informative event, filled with good discussion"
Performance Simulation Engineer, Mercedes AMG HPP
"I found this a very useful conference, with very relevant topics and it was well attended. The conversations this promoted were very valuable"
Principal Engineer, Cosworth
"Interesting range of topics covered that gave me food for thought and good to have the opportunity to meet/network with other like-minded people."
Applications Engineer, Federal-Mogul Coventry Ltd.
"The IMechE's organisation of this conference was excellent. There was a good spread of papers - from strategic overview to highly technical - and the conference was also an interesting networking opportunity."
Project Director, Covaxe Ltd
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.
Access the IMechE Webinars Hub
We are delighted to provide access to our growing library of technical webinar recordings on YouTube. Whatever your industry, specialisation or level of experience, our technical and personal development webinars are designed to support the knowledge and development of all engineers and cover a wide variety of different topics and skills: visit the Webinars Hub here.