What does it take to be a truly effective manager? Gain the skills and knowledge needed at the 2022 edition of Essential Management Skills!
Engineering managers need to offer more than just technical excellence. This three-day event will equip today’s engineers with the essential management skills required for success within line and project management roles. Attend this event to improve your ability to manage yourself, projects and teams. You can also take the opportunity to gain a Level 3 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership, awarded by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Join Essential Management Skills 2022 to:
- Hear from pioneers in engineering about their career journeys through our programme of plenary session speakers
- Develop the skills needed to be a successful engineering manager through our expert-led workshops
- Attend one of our industry site visits to see first-hand how a leading engineering firm operates
- Test your teamwork and leadership abilities within a business environment through our interactive Engineering Challenge
- Gain technical and management insights first-hand from experts in the field of engineering through our Question Time Panel
- Network with engineering leaders and your peers through our programme of evening social events
Chartered Management Institute's Level 3 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership
The Level 3 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership will help you supervise or manage a team to achieve clearly defined outcomes and provide you with a qualification as evidence of your knowledge. It will develop your basic knowledge by focusing on the development of specific management skills. This will also provide you with a year’s study membership with the Chartered Management Institute and access to thousands of online management and leadership resources.
*CMI Level 3 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership requires attendance of the following two workshops: Manager? Leader? – What’s the difference? and Leadership communication – building relationships and getting your message across. A 2,500 word assignment and online learning will also need to be completed in CMI's digital portal within 1 year of attending the conference.
Industry Site Visits – 30 March 2022
Day 1 will give you the opportunity to attend a site visit at a partner company in order to observe successful management initiatives and gain insider knowledge on engineering practice.
Details are currently being confirmed and will be published shortly.
Early Bird discount ends on 18 February 2022
Booking multiple tickets (group discounts available), on behalf of someone else or need us to make a reasonable adjustment in order for you to attend this event? Email us
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.