Driven by the need for energy efficiency and legislative requirements for the reduction in carbon dioxide and other emissions, aerodynamics has never been more fundamental in vehicle design. Efficient and well-planned aerodynamics can make huge savings in terms of fuel and energy-use, therefore aerodynamics is a key part in meeting upcoming Net-Zero targets in 2030.
Taking place every two years and now in its 14th iteration, the Institution's prestigious International Conference on Vehicle Aerodynamics will once more showcase the latest developments and technologies in aerodynamics, aeroacoustics and aerothermal design, test and development.
In this 175th Anniversary year of the IMechE, the focus for this year's conference will focus on aerodynamics within the context of new propulsion systems and new technologies.
As aerodynamic design is critical to vehicle efficiency, don't miss this opportunity to meet and learn from engineers from across the entire vehicle spectrum, covering passenger vehicles, motorsport, road bikes, supercars and more.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Jiri Novak, Aerodynamics Engineer, Skoda Auto A.S.
- Chin-Wei Chang, Industry Process Expert Specialist, T&M Propulsion and Performance Group, Dassault Systemes, SIMULIA
- Arun Kumar, Industrial PhD student, Volvo Cars and Chalmers University, Sweden
- Olivier Cadot, Professor, School of Engineering, University of Liverpool
- Adrian Gaylard, Technical Specialist, Computational Aerodynamics & WDM, Thermal Aerodynamic Systems Engineering, Jaguar Land Rover
GROUP DISCOUNTS - BRING YOUR TEAM:
with generous discounts for groups, there's never been a better time to bring your aerodynamics team members to benefit from the knowledge share and networking at the conference:
- For groups of 2 attendees or more, save 20% per place
- For groups of 4 attendees or more, save 40% per place
If you would like to book your team, simply contact the Event Enquiries team to start the process.
WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND:
- Gain insights into the latest tools, techniques and fundamental flow structures for reducing drag and efficiency across multiple vehicle types
Learn how engineers are developing more detailed and accurate models for aerodynamic enhancements
- Understanding of the aerodynamics implications of autonomy and platooning to ensure your vehicles are most efficient
- Hear latest approaches in vehicle aerodynamic development from those pioneering innovative applications
- Benchmark your company against those in industry and academia and take back fresh insights and ensure your organisation stays competitive
- Meet with senior engineers and aerodynamicists and make valuable new connections with like-minded peers in industry and academia.
DISCOUNT FOR END USERS AND TIER 1 SUPPLIERS:
Save a further 20% on a single place or 40% per place on a group of three or more places to benefit from this conference - ends 7 October 2022.
Contact Eventenquiries@imeche.org with details and assistance with your booking.
PAST DELEGATES INCLUDE:
Bentley Motors Ltd
Honda R&D Co. Ltd
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
SAIC Motor Technical Centre
Toyota Motor Europe
MAGNA Steyr Engineering
Jaguar Land Rover
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?:
All engineers, service providers, suppliers and academics involved in vehicle aerodynamics analysis, development and optimisation are strongly encouraged to join and benefit from this event, including those with the following responsibilities
- Vehicle design engineering
- Aerodynamics Engineering and Analysis
- Aeroelasticity Specialist
SUPPORT YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS CONFERENCES:
"A relaxed conference with a mix of industrial and academic representatives. I would highly recommend for anyone interested in Vehicle Aerodynamics."
Head of Aero and Auto Engineering, Loughborough University
"An informative and relevant event again, with new research and good industry presence to make attendance more than worthwhile"
Senior Sales Manager / Professor, Sauber Aerodynamics Ltd / University of Bolton
"Another very technically interesting edition of a series dating back to 1994. Good opportunity to learn about and discuss industrial and academic research and development in the field of automotive aerodynamics which extends to aeroacoustics, cooling airflows, soiling and comfort."
Director, G L Aerodynamics Limited
"Overall an excellent conference, I learned something new and made some great contacts in the industry."
Principal Engineer, Vehicle Certification Agency
"The high quality of the presentations and the small number of participants provide the best networking and brainstorming experience. I will definitely attend in 2020!"
CFD Engineer, Honda R&D Co. Ltd.
"Very good organisation and selection. Please continue!"
Head of Numerical Simulation, Powersys/CS
"Well organised and of broad interest"
Ronald Ayers, Bloodhound co-designer, Bloodhound
"A great conference with interesting presentations, knowledgeable people, a nice atmosphere and beautiful location"
R&D Engineer - Aerodynamics, WABCO - OptiFlow
"A well organized event that offered plenty of opportunity for networking and learn the latest on vehicle aerodynamics. The panel discussions were refreshing and encouraged lively discussions."
Senior Engineer , Nissan Technical Centre Europe
"Good insight into current aerodynamics issues."
Director Research & Operations , Mazda Motor Europe R&D
"Great event to hear some of the latest research and development in automotive aerodynamics and aeroacoustics."
Senior Development Engineer, Magna Steyr Engineering
"Great to see new ideas as they emerge."
Technical Specialist- Computational Aerodyamics, Jaguar Land Rover
COVID-19 GUIDANCE FOR ATTENDEES:
The Institution takes every endeavour to operate all our events as “COVID-safe” as possible. This includes additional preventative measures, such as cleaning rotas and air ventilation. For further information on our activities in this area, view our infection control solutions webpages.