The Institution’s International Conference on Turbochargers and Turbocharging returns to its in-person format in 2023 to address the latest advances, research and developments in turbocharging system designs and boosting solutions.
It will address current and novel turbocharging system choices and components with a renewed emphasis to address the challenges posed by emission regulations and market trends.
Bringing together the international automotive engineering community, the conference will once more provide an essential forum for all engineers, researchers, OEMs, suppliers and academics to present technical findings, share innovative solutions and make valuable new connections within this specialised field.
Don't miss this opportunity to join the conference to learn about the latest developments leading to enhanced performance and efficiency, increased durability and reduced emissions in line with meeting Net-Zero and global emissions targets.
Finally, all conference speakers and attendees are warmly invited to the exclusive drinks reception and networking dinner at the end of the first day of proceedings to review the day's presentations, continue discussions and build your network of contacts in the industry.
CONFERENCE TOPICS IN 2023 INCLUDE:
- Air management in powertrains: conventional, hybrids, fuel cells and novel configurations
- Alternate fuels and their needs in boosting (e.g. hydrogen, synthetic fuels)
- Electrification of turbochargers, compressors, and exhaust turbines
- Simulation and testing techniques, data analytics, including AI and digital twins
- Thermal management, waste heat recovery and expanders
- Turbomachinery aerodynamic: novel compressors & turbines and multi-stage systems.
- Component fatigue life, bearing design, rotor-dynamics and durability prediction
- Mechatronics, control, sensors and power electronics
- High speed turbomachinery in propulsion and power systems Future Legislation needs for thermal propulsion systems
WHY ENGINEERS ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CONFERENCE:
||"Today, the turbocharger’s value proposition is challenged when observed from a more traditional perspective. However, turbochargers (and other smaller scale turbomachinery) will undoubtedly play a crucial role in the transition towards a zero-carbon society. Here it is essential that industry and engineers remain aligned, together (re)define the appropriate design criteria and thereby making sure transition demands will be met."
Rogier Lammers, Manager Advanced Technology, Turbocharger Engineering Department
Read the full interview here.
|"Given the wide range of presentations on the programme, it is difficult to pinpoint specific speakers or presentations! Personally, I am very interested in all content related to the energy transition. As well as providing engineers with key insights from the papers presented, such a venue is a fantastic opportunity to network within the turbocharging community."
Herve Martin, Accelleron
Read the full interview here.
||"The ICE and turbocharging industry is facing a turmoil in the market of energy conversion for transport and electricity. In the academic world, students are turning away from rather traditional turbomachinery and combustion related disciplines and towards other more popular fields in the electric vehicle sector. The future of turbocharging technology depends on the constant rejuvenation of the community with new young talents. Sharing our experience in the turbocharging industry at the conference, not only about current technological innovations, is more important than ever."
Lutz Aurahs, MAN Energy Solution
Read the full interview here.
PREVIOUS CONFERENCE DELEGATES INCLUDED:
BorgWarner Turbo Systems
Toyota Motorsport GmbH
Honda R&D Co. Ltd Automobile R&D Center
Federal Mogul Coventry Limited
Cummins Turbo Technologies
Mazda Motor Europe GmbH
Ford Werke GmbH
Mitsubishi Turbocharger & Engine
Pankl Racing Systems AG
Renault Sport Racing
Robert Bosch GmbH
Hyundai Wia Corporation
Volvo Group Trucks Technology
WHY YOUR ORGANISATION SHOULD ATTEND:
- Enjoy 9+ hours of networking time, including a dedicated conference dinner at the end of day one
- Join 17+ hours of technical presentations, with opportunities for questions direct to the speakers
- Be a part of discussions on the future direction of turbocharger development
- Benefit from presentations covering industry trends, recent projects, regulatory updates, academic research and much more
- All papers are peer-reviewed by a board of industry experts and thought-leaders
- Learn about the latest products available from OEMs and suppliers in the busy exhibition area
- Gain fresh perspectives from engineers working on projects around the globe
- Take back new approaches, valuable connections, success stories and technical updates to enhance the turbocharger and boosting projects at your organisation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?:
All engineers, researchers and professionals should join this year's conference, particularly those involved in the following areas:
- Automotive and Mechanical Design
- Application Engineering
- Performance and Efficiency
- Simulation, Modelling and Test Engineering
- Turbocharger design and development
- Component and technical specifying
- Systems engineering
SUPPORT YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS CONFERENCE:
"A great opportunity for networking with interesting papers."
Senior Engineering Manager, Garrett Advancing Motion
"A very informative event providing the latest up to date information on the development and direction of turbochargers."
Sales Manager, Sandvik Osprey
"All-in-all a round event embracing a conveniently sized circle of high-level experts focused on turbocharger related themes."
Senior Expert Turbocharging & Engine Technology, ABB Turbo Systems Ltd
"An excellent, thought provoking event. Well worth attending."
Student, University College London
"An informative event with a strong networking focus at a fantastic venue."
Mechanical Engineer, Aeristech Ltd
"Exceptional event on turbocharging where Industry meets Academia."
Mihai Mihaescu, Associate Professor, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
"I think it is the best conference I have every participated in. I will definitely
recommend this conference to my colleagues."
PhD student, Competence Center for Gas Exchange (CCGEx), KTH Royal Institute of Technology
"Look forward to the next conference"
Principal Consultant, Lloyd's Register
"Overall a more successful conference than 2016. Venue was better, presentations reached a higher standard. Still room to improve though and we have to get more efficient and impactful."
Senior Director Powertrain, Garrett Advancing Motion
"Overall job well-done! Thanks, I hope to see you again in 2 years. "
Director of Business Development, Winsert, Inc.
"Thanks for the great event!"
Chief Engineer, Great Wall Motors Engine R&D
"The best technical conference and networking event for the turbocharger industry worldwide. If you want to know the latest in turbocharging research and development, you should be attending this event!"
Aaron Costall, Lecturer in Thermofluids, Imperial College London
"Very well focused meeting attracting a good number of senior people from industry and academia. Interesting exhibit and strong, relevant technical papers."
PCA Engineers Limited
"Very well organized conference with great opportunites to meet new people form the
engine and turbocharger business."
Research Assosiate, RWTH Aachen University (VKA)
CALL FOR PAPERS HAS ENDED:
For any queries about submitting your work, please contact the events team on +44 (0)20 7973 1251 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Following this deadline, the Organising Committee will select the abstracts they wish to invite to submit a full draft paper. The draft paper should not exceed 5000 words and will be required by Friday 2 December 2022.