VTMS 16: dedicated to discussing the latest international developments in Vehicle Thermal Management Systems.
As the shift away from fossil fuels towards sustainable transport continues to accelerate, it is imperative that future electrified vehicles have the required advanced thermal management to enable remaining challenges around range anxiety, cabin comfort and vehicle safety to be fully overcome. The automotive sector is shifting towards lithium-ion powered propulsion and Hydrogen fuel cell alternatives bring additional challenges and opportunities, including precise temperature and humidity control and new opportunities around low-grade waste heat recovery.
Disruptive thermal management components, systems and control are required to enable sustainable ultra-fast charging of batteries, with deeper integration of the thermal management of the electrical machine, power electronics and batteries.
This will ultimately provide improved powertrain efficiencies with increased vehicle range and sustained comfort. New materials, manufacturing methods and simulations are required to help accelerate sustainable thermal products to market with acceptable cost and life cycle impacts.
The conference will offer experts in thermal management a unique opportunity to come together and share their latest research, case studies and developments in technology to further this increasingly important part of the transport market - don't miss your chance to be a part of this conference!
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS NOW OPEN:
We invite you to be a part of the next conference by sharing your experiences and provide a basis for discussion and debate by making a 20 minute presentation to delegates. Presentations should offer practical examples of issues encountered, how they were resolved or how improvements were made.
Vehicle Thermal Management
- xEV cooling system design and optimisation
- Integrated thermal management systems
- Heating, air conditioning, thermal comfort and climate control
- Vehicle air flow optimisation
- Thermal management system life cycle analysis
- New thermal experimental and simulation methodologies
Components, Materials and Coatings for Thermal Management Systems
- Heat exchanger advanced design, manufacturing and materials
- Advanced active and passive thermal components
- Advanced cooling and refrigerant fluids
- Advanced thermal coatings and surface treatments
- Component advanced manufacturing and recycling/repurposing
- Future requirements on heat exchanger components
Powertrain Sub-System Thermal Management
- Battery and energy storage thermal systems
- Ultra-fast charger thermal management
- Fuel cell thermal systems and control
- Traction motor thermal management
- Power electronics thermal management
- Decarbonised IC engine thermal management
- Waste heat recovery systems
How to become a part of the VTMS16 conference:
- Produce a 500 word summary of your proposed presentation in English, including your name, presentation title and affiliations, and will be made available to the Conference delegation.
- Email your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 October 2023
- The IMechE will be in touch to notify presenters if the presentation has been accepted.
- Draft presentations will be required by 9 April 2024
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS CONFERENCES
"A well organised conference covering a wide range of current automotive thermal management applications."
Autoneum Management AG
"First participation for myself; will come back to the next edition."
Granges Sweden AB
"Great event, fascinating speakers and excellent networking."
"Another excellent year at VTMS 13 - possibly the most technically rich conference in the field of Vehicle Thermal Management."
"A perfect opportunity to gain synergies with other OEMs facing the same battles to advance a forefront technology"
Sales & Engineering Director, Technical Services (UK) Ltd
"Interesting panels and well organized event, came home with new ideas and topics to discuss at our company"
Senior Researcher, Virtual Vehicle
"It's the premier UK event for vehicle thermal management!"
Technical Specialist, Changan UK R&D Centre Ltd
"An excellent opportunity to hear of thermal developments first hand, both simulations and manufacturing based. More importantly, this event gave me the chance to network with like-minded persons in different fields"
Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
"A very good snapshot of the achievements and key challenges going forward in the automotive sector"
"Excellent event to meet with experts in the field of thermal management"
BRING YOUR TEAM - GROUP DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE:
For group bookings of 5 or more attendees, you and your colleagues can save 15% per place to join this technical event. This is a great opportunity for multiple engineers to:
- Benefit from the topics and discussions
- Maximise opportunities for learning and networking
- Contribute to their ongoing professional development
- Meet and collaborate with colleagues across multiple sites
- Bring new/junior team members up to speed
To organise your group booking, simply contact our Event Enquiries team and we would be delighted to make all the arrangements.
SUPPORT YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.
COVID-19 GUIDANCE FOR ATTENDEES:
The Institution takes every endeavour to operate all our events as “COVID-safe” as possible. This includes additional preventative measures, such as cleaning rotas and air ventilation. For further information on our activities in this area, view our infection control solutions webpages.