With a huge amount of resource and costs required at the design stage, it is vital that companies are ensuring the design process is fit for purpose. Considerations at the early stages of design contribute most significantly to the success or failure of the final product. Especially as the reliability of equipment cannot be enhanced by maintenance, only preserved.
This seminar will shift focus towards designing for reliability, and how it can be used to reduce maintenance and ensure reliability throughout the life cycle of an asset. Understand the significance of design considerations for cost-saving and maintenance reduction.
Attendees will leave with an understanding of how reliability may be inputted into design, and how it is managed and demonstrated in various production and use activities. Learn how to effectively and efficiently manage your systems, products and equipment in order to maintain reliability throughout the full life-cycle, and how design can impact this. Utilise opportunities for networking with other industry practitioners and share experiences.
Seminar venue update:
Due to popular demand, we are pleased to announce that this seminar will now be taking place at the QEII Centre, London - located just behind One Birdcage Walk.
Attend this seminar to:
- Hear from asset management, design and reliability specialists from organisations across engineering sectors including Sellafield Ltd, Caterpillar Defense, Dyson, Rolls-Royce and Network Rail
- Learn how achieving clear definitions of life-cycle conditions, loads and costs, can assist in saving costs and man-hours, reduce maintenance needs and guarantee safety
- Address challenges in capturing data in context, and using trending data to measure design robustness
- Build upon and improve existing design and strategies for whole life cycle costs
- Take part in interactive discussions during our roundtable sessions focusing in on key challenges relating to designing for reliability
Key programme highlights:
- Rolls-Royce address how alignment through the levels of detail within a large company making complex systems can improve the reliability of assets
- Caterpillar Defense discuss how to build upon and improve existing asset design including environmentally sustainable practices
- Dyson share best practice strategies for capturing data in context for feedback into design
- Network Rail discuss why and how designing for reliability is being implemented into their processes
- Sellafield Ltd share design insights into safety, engineering and the law
Key speakers include:
- Andy Parsley, Robust Design Specialist, Rolls-Royce
- Kevin Rayment, Reliability Process Manager, Network Rail
- John Morrison, Remote Handling Centre of Expertise Leader, Engineering Design Capability, Sellafield Ltd
- Tim Ingram, Chair of ISO55000 BSI Mirror Committee, MMI Thornton Tomasetti
- Scott Mitchell, Design Team Leader, Caterpillar Defense
Attendees from previous seminars included representatives from:
Abbott Risk Consulting
Assystem UK Ltd
BMT Asset Performance Ltd
BMT Reliability Consultants
De La Rue
Defence Infrastructure Organisation
Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd
Emerson Process Management
Eversholt Rail (UK) Limited
Govia Thameslink Railway
Jaguar Land Rover
John Crane Asset Management Solutions
Ministry of Defence
Office for Nuclear Regulation
Office of Rail and Road
Operational Intelligence Ltd
SABIC UK Petrochemicals
Tata Chemicals Europe
Total UK Ltd
Transport for London
UK Atomic Energy Authority
University of Reading
VTG Rail UK Ltd
Whitecastle Engineering Ltd
Delegate feedback from previous seminars:
"A very informative day with quality speakers and wide range of experience presented. I would certainly recommend attendance in the future."
Principal ILS Engineer, BAE Systems
"Another well run, interesting event. Very worthwhile for anyone involved in asset management."
"A well managed seminar with knowledgeable keynote speakers."
Site Asset Manager and Maintenance Authority, DSRL
"The event was well planned and had speakers who were knowledgeable on the subjects that we were interestted in!"
Field Technical Advisor, Total UK Ltd
Safety and Reliability Group, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Bob Wilson, Member, Safety and Reliability Group, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Mark Norris, Technical Director, Asset Management, Black & Veatch
Booking multiple tickets (group discounts available) or on behalf of someone else? Email us
For details regarding hotels with preferential rates, please visit www.eventay.co.uk/Eventsv5/Evnt_Home.aspx?evnt=8488ME