As those chiefly involved in the procurement, safe operation and ongoing maintenance of pressure systems, end users are responsible for assuring that their equipment is up to standard. This is inherently challenging, particularly for smaller organisations, as it is not possible to oversee all aspects of the global supply chain.
The latest in the Institution's popular series of Pressure Systems events, this seminar will provide engineers with expert guidance and industry case studies on ensuring the required standards of quality and safety for both new and existing pressure assets.
Attendees will hear how engineers have addressed common challenges to ensure quality and cement best practice. Join the seminar to hear presentations from key industry experts and case studies from organisations across the supply chain.
Finally, the panel discussion will give all attendees the opportunity to have their burning questions answered and submit what they see as their own hot-topics for the future of the pressure systems industry.
WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN THIS SEMINAR:
Understand the legal expectations for asset owners and suppliers direct from the industry regulators
- Get a detailed technical overview of current industry standards and codes
- Benefit from the insights of experts from multiple industry sectors
- Identify and overcome challenges facing all levels of the pressure systems supply chain
- Hear the lessons learned from recent pressure system projects and incidents
- Take back technical and organisational measures to assure quality and reduce risk
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- David Glass, Mechanical Engineering Team Leader, Health and Safety Executive
- Jim Hockenhull, Quality Delivery Manager, EDF
- Paul Smith, Consultant, Nuclear New Build, Wood plc and Chair, Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ Pressure Systems Group
- Peter Nutty, Tutor – Mechanical Integrity Practitioner Course, EEMUA
- Bob Pennycook, UK & Ireland Area Technical Quality Manager – Inspection Services, Lloyd’s Register
- Martin Kearney, Technical Director, Sheffield Forgemasters
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All engineers involved with the design, management, safety and inspection of pressure systems equipment will benefit from this seminar, in particular:
- Quality Assurance
- Mechanical Technical Authority
- Asset Integrity Manager
- Pressure Systems engineer
- Supply Chain manager
- Procurement Manager
- Testing Engineer
- Equipment maintenance
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS PRESSURE SYSTEMS INDUSTRY EVENTS:
"A very informative event for anyone involved in pressure systems"
Mechanical engineer, Eurostar International Ltd
"A very informative Seminar presented by experienced and knowledgeable practitioners in their fields."
Mechanical & Nuclear Process Group Manager, Babcock International
"An excellent event, full of informed speakers and useful practical information."
Lead Mechanical Engineer, KBR
"Good selection of industry leading, knowledgeable presenters and a good technical audience leads to enthusiastic and invigorating debate on topical matters of the day within the industry principal."
Engineer / Manager, Wood Nuclear
"Great technical content delivered by experts in their fields."
Senior Consultant, Asset Optimization Consultants
"It was very useful to hear and see what others are doing in the field, and to gain the perspectives of key players on the changing legislative arena."
Technical Director, Strata Technology Ltd
"I've been to several Pressure System Group seminars, the presentations never disappoint and the opportunity to network with others with an interest in pressure systems shouldn't be missed!" Pressure Systems Engineer, Air Products
"Lots of really useful incite on industry practices from across the sector."
Lead Mechanical Development Engineer, Krohne Limited
"Really useful opportunity to take time out from the day to day requirements of the workplaces to ensure understanding of what's new/issues etc associated with PSSR Engineering & Maintenance."
Manager, Nalco Champion
"Useful content, good presenters, great location."
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Spirit Energy
"Very useful information, well presented"
Principal Mechanical Engineer, LBBC Technologies