Seminar, Live Online
Early Bird discount ends on 26 February 2021
Booking multiple tickets (group discounts available) or on behalf of someone else? Email us
Given the high power consumption of water infrastructure, utilities are continuously exploring ways to improve the energy performance of their existing processes or integrate new technologies to save power and money. This seminar will explore a number of ongoing projects to do this, and demonstrate how innovation can help the water industry to reduce costs and meet regulatory carbon targets.
The types of technology covered will include:
- Leveraging off-site power, in particular renewables, to reduce exposure to energy prices
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) – anaerobic digestion of sludge from wastewater to produce biogas
- Hydropower/turbines used to generate power from the flow of water in the network
- Deployment of on-site renewables including photovoltaics and wind on land or equipment owned by water companies
- Fuel cells or battery storage to convert generated energy for use later during demand spikes
Attend this seminar to:
- Improve the integration and performance of generating equipment embedded into water infrastructure
- Learn about technologies including energy storage to optimise their power generation and usage
- Hear from key stakeholders to better understand and meet regulatory or legislative targets
- Gain insight into technologies and systems to deploy which can reduce energy costs and improve environmental performance
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.
There are currently no Programme details available.
There are currently no speaker details available.
Bookings via your online account are currently unavailable. We are working to restore this as soon as we can.
To book a place at this event, please use the online booking form instead.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Booking multiple tickets or on behalf of someone else? Please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)207 973 1251.