The railway rolling stock sector is changing rapidly with the introduction of new fleets and new technologies. Several new suppliers have entered the UK market and this combines with an increased interest in innovation, reduced whole life cost and reduced environmental impact. With these trains come technologies and designs new to the UK market – and engineers must be prepared to adapt their practices for wheelsets to conform to new requirements and standards.
As a critical rolling stock component, the effective design and operation of wheelsets is imperative. This seminar brings together representatives from the entire industry to share insights into new trains, associated technologies, and their impact on wheelset requirements. Attendees will learn how they can maintain high standards of safety while improving cost, lifecycle and environmental performance.
Attend the Innovating Wheelsets seminar to:
- Recognise effective methods of performance management for a modern wheelset
- Learn how to better manage wheelset maintenance from practical examples
- Understand the lifecycle challenges of wheelsets and identify controls and technologies that can provide benefit
Confirmed seminar speakers include:
- Peter Williams, Fleet Data & Performance Manager, Avanti West Coast
- Steve Taylor, Secretary General, Private Wagon Federation
- David Vincent, Chief Technical Officer, Perpetuum
- Neil Cooney, Technical Director, SET Ltd
- Andrew James, Engineering Manager, Avanti West Coast
Delegate feedback from the previous seminar:
"This event was an excellent opportunity to learn about current practice within the industry and new technology available with regards to wheelset maintenance."
Project Engineer, London Underground
"Very interesting event, it is good to call maintenance practice into question."
Fleet Engineer, Macquarie European Rail
"Well organised day with good informative speakers."
Traction & Rolling Stock Development Engineer, Direct Rail Services
Railway Division, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
John Reddyhoff, Director, Reddyhoff Rail Limited
Martin Elliott, Principal Engineer, Aegis Certification Services
Andrew James, Engineering Manager, Avanti West Coast
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.