By 2050 over half of the current nuclear capacity of 400 GW across the world is programmed to be decommissioned so that it can be dismantled and therefore there is a need to consider the most efficient processes and state-of-the-art technology to ensure this can be done in the most cost-effective way possible whilst ensuring the safety of the employees.
Attend this online seminar to learn how industry leaders are applying state-of-the-art technology to improve their legacy asset management, led by a keynote from Nuclear Decommissioning Authority on their new initiatives for supporting growth in innovation including radioactive waste characterisation.
Find out how operators have been successfully employing state-of-the-art robotic technology in at their sites, together with case studies covering inspection, condition monitoring, laser cutting and pond clear-ups. Take away innovative approaches and best practice that will enable you to identify and overcome key challenges and enhancing the efficiency and safety of your decommissioning projects.
Finally, take advantage of this key opportunity to ask the experts, with interactive online question and answer sessions.
WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND:
- Hear from leading organisations involved in decommissioning including the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Dounreay Restoration Sites Ltd., Sellafield Sites Ltd., AWE, Westinghouse Electric Company, RACE UKAEA and ONET Technologies
- Hear about the government’s plans to fund nuclear innovation for legacy assets and how this could benefit your projects
- Gain an understanding of the importance of a clear and defined waste characterisation process and how to carry this out in your own organisation
- Take lessons learned back about the use of robotics in decommissioning in a variety of nuclear contexts including military to implement in your organisation
- Implement safe practice by hearing how laser cutting can be implemented for contaminated materials
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Sara Huntingdon, Head of Innovation, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- Geoff Druce, Head of Estate Liabilities, AWE
- James McKinney, Chief Strategist, Integrated Waste Management, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- Chris Hope, Remediation Capability Development Manager, Sellafield Ltd.
- Alec Jappy, D1204 Project Manager/ATO Holder, Dounreay
- Rob Buckingham, Director, RACE
- Jim Cochrane, Deputy Head Submarine Dismantling Project, MoD
- Damien Roulet, Japan Business Manager/International Project Manager, ONET
PREVIOUS NUCLEAR EVENT ATTENDEES INCLUDED:
Abbott Risk Consulting
Allied Power Group
Babcock International Group
Defence Infrastructure Organisation
EDF Energy Ltd
Lynkeos Technology Limited
Ministry of Defence
Solid State Disks Ltd
Springfields Fuels Ltd
Urenco UK Ltd
Wood Nuclear LTD
TWO EVENTS FOR NUCLEAR PROFESSIONALS:
Nuclear Innovation: Advanced Reactor Design - 18 November 2020 - Online Live Seminar
Gain insight into SMR and AMR projects currently in progress across the UK and worldwide. Join the discussion about further developing nuclear power, as well as the key technical challenges to reactor development in the UK and how these are being overcome by industry leaders and researchers.
Access both seminars at a special rate and save on your place.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All engineers and professionals involved in power generation and the nuclear industry should attend this seminar.
SUPPORT YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.