With the announcement of the ban on internal combustion engines for passenger cars, the question remains as to the future of heavy-duty and off-highway vehicles and machines.
Although providing for longer duty cycles compared to passenger cars remains a challenge for the sector, a number of innovative organisations have taken steps forward with trials in hydrogen, electric and alternative-fuel powered applications.
This event will cover the specific engineering developments for heavy-duty vehicles including trucks and buses as well as off-highway applications. Attend this seminar to hear from leading OEMs and operators including Go North East, Leyland Trucks, CNH Industrial, Alexander Dennis Ltd. and Bamford Bus Company.
These expert speakers will deliver case studies on a variety of propulsion types in practice to help you understand the current landscape of the heavy-duty and off-highway sectors. As well as propulsion, the event will cover developments in autonomous design for off-highway and novel manufacturing methods to prepare for a low carbon future in the sector.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Amanda Lyne, Managing Director, ULEMCo
- Steve Ambury, Engineering Director, Brighton and Hove Bus and Coach Company
- Carl Hergart, Chief Engineer, Leyland Trucks
- Alistair Walshaw, Engineering Project Manager, CNH Industrial
- Martijn Gilbert, Managing Director, Go North East
Meet and network with confirmed delegates from AB Dynamics PLC, Ford Motor Company, JCB Power Systems, Lubrziol Ltd, Caterpillar UK, Magna Powertrain Engineering Center, Tata Steel Automotive Engineering, MAN Energy Solutions UK Ltd and many more.
WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND:
- Hear from the pioneers in the vehicle industry including Bamford Bus Company, CNH Industrial, Ricardo UK Ltd, Leyland Trucks, ULEMCo, Go North East, JOHN DEERE GmbH, Brighton and Hove Bus Company and Alexander Dennis Ltd.
- Understand the varying duty cycles and their implications for fuel selection
- Learn about alternative fuels, including hydrogen to biomethane, and their suitability to your vehicular and off-highway needs
- Explore lessons learned from applications of electric propulsion in buses, trucks and the off-highway sector
- Discover the latest steps forward for autonomous technology for off-highway and their impacts on reducing emissions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All engineers, professionals and researchers involved in vehicle developments for Buses, Trucks, Construction, Agricultural, Military and Refuse applications should attend and benefit from this seminar, including the following areas:
- Fleet engineering
- Vehicle design
- Powertrain development and optimisation
- Emissions reduction
- Calibration engineering
- Retrofitting engineering
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS BUS & COACH SEMINAR:
"Strong powertrain content, high level speakers. It's THE technical event of the calendar for updates on forthcoming tech and issues on the horizon."
Head of Engineering, Reading Buses
"Insightful session bring a broad range of expertise together"
Senior Account Specialist, Cummins
"Imagineering the future of buses"
i-Travel York programme manager, City of York Council
"This was the most useful conference I have attended this year"
Technology Expert Diesel Additives / Principal Scientist, Shell
PREVIOUS ATTENDEES OF SIMILAR EVENTS INCLUDE:
American Bureau of Shipping
Arriva UK Bus
AVL Powertrain UK Ltd
Caterpillar Peterlee Ltd
Commercial Vehicle Workshop
CSA Group Testing
Cummins Engines Company
Delphi Diesel System
Department for Transport - VCA
Dynamatic Ltd UK
HORIBA MIRA Ltd
Horstman Defence Systems Limited
HUSCO International Ltd
Mecalac Construction Equipment UK Ltd
PDL Solutions (Europe) Limited
Perkins Engines Co Ltd
RATP Dev London
Ricardo Consulting Engineers
Robert Bosch Ltd
Schaeffler UK Ltd
Vehicle Certification Agency
- Paul Jones, Chief Executive, Northern Automotive Alliance
- Trevor Downes, Chief Engineer – Propulsion, Ricardo Automotive & Industrial
- John Bickerton, Head of Innovation, East West Railway Company
- Fred Walker, Manager & Programme Leader, Body Structures CAE, Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd
- Andrew Fraser, Technical Consultant, Zemo Partnership
SUPPORT YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.