Organised by the Institution's Pressure Systems members group, this seminar will provide delegates with a unique opportunity to learn about the dynamic developments of Additive Manufacturing (AM) in the UK and the main applications for the pressure systems industry going forward.
The rate of development within the AM industry has surpassed all expectations. However, we are now at a point where design codes have been rewritten to include their use and component manufacture systems are more readily available, with materials that can be tested and certified for use in live applications.
This one day live seminar will cover all aspects of AM from initial concepts and concept R&D through to final application and in-service management. It is intended as a ‘state of the nation’ for AM in the pressure systems sector and will provide an overview of "What’s New" and "What’s Around the Corner".
Presentations will be delivered by AM experts from key industry, regulatory and academic bodies to ensure a holistic range of perspectives. This seminar is a unique opportunity. It is the only place to access such a broad and deep pool of knowledge, equipping you and your organisation with the insights to harness and benefit from this rapidly emerging technology.
Make the most of your online experience by joining the interactive panel discussions, giving you the chance to pose your questions to the experts in “real-time” and to get tailored feedback to specific queries. The early bird ends September 30, so book now to secure your place at the only event on Additive Manufacturing tailored to the Pressure Systems sector.
- David Glass, Mechanical Engineering Team Leader, HSE
- Professor David Nash, Director of Industry Engagement, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Strathclyde
- Adrian Addison, Programme Manager, Arc Processes, Fabrication and Welding Engineering Section, TWI
- Stewart Williams, Professor of Welding Science and Engineering, Cranfield University
- David Hardacre, Lead Specialist, Additive Manufacturing, Lloyd’s Register
- John Rafferty, Director, Core Technologies, Principal Technology Expert, REMS, TechnipFMC
WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND:
- Hear updates on the current state of AM as a potential means of producing pressure components
- Get the regulator’s views on state of the art developments and hear where their future focus will be
- Find out how to use these methods while staying compliant with codes and standards
- Learn how operators, manufacturers and suppliers have been using AM techniques
- Understand the advantages over traditional methods and key challenges involved
- ask questions and hear answers directly from some of the main influencers within the industry
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All those involved in the manufacture and management of pressure systems assets should join this event, particularly those involved with:
- Asset selection and procurement
- Inspections and NDT
- Safety and compliance
- Quality Assurance
PAST DELEGATES OF PRESSURE SYSTEMS EVENTS INCLUDE:
Allianz Engineering Inspection Services Ltd
HSB Engineering Insurance Limited
Lucite International UK Ltd
Perenco UK Ltd
Pipeline Integrity Engineers
Thales UK Ltd
RAK Inspection Services
Pall Manufacturing Ltd
Graham Hart Process Technology Ltd
British Engineering Services
Chesterfield Special Cylinders Ltd
The University of Birmingham
RWE Generation UK
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS PRESSURE SYSTEMS INDUSTRY EVENTS:
"A very informative event for anyone involved in pressure systems"
Mechanical engineer, Eurostar International Ltd
"A very informative Seminar presented by experienced and knowledgeable practitioners in their fields."
Mechanical & Nuclear Process Group Manager, Babcock International
"An excellent event, full of informed speakers and useful practical information."
Lead Mechanical Engineer, KBR
"Good selection of industry leading, knowledgeable presenters and a good technical audience leads to enthusiastic and invigorating debate on topical matters of the day within the industry principal."
Engineer / Manager, Wood Nuclear
"Great technical content delivered by experts in their fields."
Senior Consultant, Asset Optimization Consultants
"It was very useful to hear and see what others are doing in the field, and to gain the perspectives of key players on the changing legislative arena."
Technical Director, Strata Technology Ltd
"I've been to several Pressure System Group seminars, the presentations never disappoint and the opportunity to network with others with an interest in pressure systems shouldn't be missed!" Pressure Systems Engineer, Air Products
"Lots of really useful incite on industry practices from across the sector."
Lead Mechanical Development Engineer, Krohne Limited
"Really useful opportunity to take time out from the day to day requirements of the workplaces to ensure understanding of what's new/issues etc associated with PSSR Engineering & Maintenance."
Manager, Nalco Champion
"Useful content, good presenters, great location."
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Spirit Energy
"Very useful information, well presented"
Principal Mechanical Engineer, LBBC Technologies
SUPPORT YOUR CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.