Wheelsets are recognised as a safety critical component that also impacts significantly on reliability, availability, cost and the environment if not effectively managed.
Safety has, rightly, been a key focus but there is a growing need to reduce the whole life cost and carbon impact of wheelsets without adversely affecting safety. This seminar will feature presentations covering practical solutions that will deliver the safety objectives whilst also improving reliability and availability, in addition to reducing cost and environmental impact.
Join this seminar to:
- Recognise effective methods of safety management for a modern wheelset
- Learn how to better manage wheelset lifecycle costs with practical examples
- Understand the environmental impact of the wheelset life cycle and identify controls and technologies that can provide benefit
Confirmed speakers include:
- Bridget Eickhoff, Principal Infrastructure Engineer, Rail Safety and Standards Board
- Martin Rosenberger, Head of Vehicle Dynamics, Acoustics & Analytics, Siemens Mobility Austria GmbH
- Simon Groom, Project Leader R&D, Alstom
- Les Bryant, Vice Chair, Rail Wagon Association
- Adam Buckell, Group Leader - Asset Integrity, Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Chris Hill, Senior Engineer, Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Adrian Howson, Chief Engineer, Transport Design International
- Neil Cooney, Technical Director, Stored Energy Technology Ltd
- Rob Wheeler, Director Sales and Customer Service UK & Scandinavia, Transportation Systems, Liebherr Aerospace and Transportation
- Ivo Kovacic, Systems Engineer for Hydraulic Applications, Liebherr-Transportation Systems
- Roger Deuce, Principal Specialist & Technical Manager, Wheelsets, Alstom
Railway Division, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
John Reddyhoff, Director, Reddyhoff Rail Limited
Sam Foulkes, Innovation Manager, Lucchini Unipart Rail Ltd
Andrew James, Engineering Manager, Avanti West Coast and Chair, Wheelset Management Group
Paul Whistler, Rolling Stock Lead Maintenance Assuranace Engineer, Transport for London
Booking multiple tickets or on behalf of someone else? Email us
For accommodation near to the One Birdcage Walk event venue, please visit the following website.
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.
We are keen to return to in-person events and enjoy the benefits of connecting face to face. Whilst Covid-19 continues to circulate in the UK, we are taking steps to keep event participants as safe as possible. You can attend IMechE events with the confidence that the following safety measures will be in place:
Attendees are requested to maintain a distance of 1m+ from each other. Where possible, room layouts and seating will be arranged to facilitate this.
Masks / face coverings
The wearing of masks/face coverings is encouraged (although not compulsory), unless satisfactory social distancing, ventilation or air sterilisation is not possible, in which case it will be compulsory.
Attendees are requested to undertake a Covid test (lateral flow or PCR) a maximum of 24 hours prior to the start of the event/meeting.
Ventilation and air sterilisation
Where possible, rooms will be well ventilated or fitted with air sterilisers to significantly reduce the risk of transmission.
Where possible, catering will be provided in such a format as to facilitate social distancing.