Every depot operates differently, and each fleet of trains require different maintenance procedures. Every operator or maintainer faces great challenges when trying to introduce new fleets to the network and operating these trains with as little disruption as possible.
Against this backdrop, find out more about the challenges of depot construction, how current depots have changed to accommodate new fleets and the input to new depot infrastructure, facilities and fleet design. This event aims to promote a wider industry view on the variety of solutions and projects being implemented to continue operating existing and upcoming fleets out of new depots safely and to a busy timetable.
In-person depot tour: Gosforth Metro Depot, Newcastle upon Tyne
After the online seminar, join the in-person depot tour at Gosforth Metro Depot, Newcastle upon Tyne. Full details to be confirmed shortly regarding PPE needed and official timings of this in-person depot tour.
Depot tour attendees will need to provide their trouser sizes for Stadler to order hi-vis trousers for the tour. To book one of the 15 available places on this in-person depot tour, contact Frances Shaw at email@example.com
Join this hybrid event to:
- Discuss how the industry can make best use of its infrastructure to manage existing and new fleets of rolling stock
- Gain insight into the latest experience in managing rail depot construction, whether temporary or permanent
- Find out what technologies are included in newer fleets that make them challenging to introduce to the UK rail network and how to overcome these
- Attend an in-person depot tour which will be taking place after the online seminar at the Gosforth Metro Depot
Online seminar speakers:
- Louis Yuen, Senior Depot Manager, Sui Ho Wan Depot, MTR
- Asad Farooq, Overhaul Liaison Manager, Fleet Heavy Overhaul, Transport for London
- Marc Robson, Regional Fleet Manager, Stadler Rail Service UK Ltd
- Jack Evans, Management Graduate - Engineering, Great Western Railway
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.