The 2020 Healthcare Technologies Student and Early Career Awards are now open. Finalists will be invited to be present at the Awards on 16 June 2020 at One Birdcage Walk, London. The competition will be followed by the Biomedical Engineering Division Annual Prestige Lecture. The competition will be followed by the Duncan Dowson Memorial Lecture, which is titled ‘Nanostructured (Poly)peptide Materials for Thermoresponsive and Cell-Directed Therapies’ and will be presented by Kristi Kiick, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at the University of Delaware.
There are a total of four categories to consider, each of which will require an application form to be submitted, outlining your work and why it is relevant for that specific award:
Vicon Award (£500)
Highlighting the best projects in Biomedical Engineering from recent graduates, third/fourth year undergraduates and taught master’s degree course students.
DePuy Award (£500)
Recognising outstanding work by current PhD students or PhD graduates who passed their viva between 2018 and 2019.
Triteq Award (£300)
For the best poster presented by third/fourth year undergraduates and taught master’s degree course students.
NIHR MIC Award (£300)
For the best posters presented by current PhD students or PhD graduates who passed their viva between 2018 and 2019.
Submission deadline: 17 April 2020
Notification deadline: 22 May 2020
Competition deadlines and how to enter:
• To enter, please download an application form and send a completed form back to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 17 April 2020.
• The information you provide in the sections of the application form should not exceed 2 pages.
• You may append figures or tables on one extra page if you wish.
• Please, respect carefully the following structure: Background, Methodology, Results, Discussion and Conclusion. Submissions will be reviewed with equal emphasis on each element.
• If your project is about designing a piece of hardware or a prototype, please follow this template.
• Please note that no expenses can be paid.
• The finals will take place at One Birdcage Walk in London on 16 June 2020.
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.