The 2021 Healthcare Technologies Student and Early Career Awards are now open. Finalists will be invited to be present at the online Awards on 15 June 2021.
There are a total of four categories to consider, each of which will require an application form to be submitted, outlining your work and why it is relevant for that specific award:
Vicon Best Bioengineering Project (£500)
Highlighting the best projects in Biomedical Engineering from recent graduates, third/fourth year undergraduates and taught master’s degree course students.
DePuy Best Bioengineering Project (£500)
Recognising outstanding work by current PhD students or PhD graduates who passed their viva after 1 January 2018.
The Care Machine Best Bioengineering Project Video (£300)
For the best bioengineering project short video presented by third/fourth year undergraduates and taught Master’s degree course students.
NIHR MIC Best Bioengineering Project Video (£300)
For the best bioengineering project short video presented by current PhD students or PhD students who passed their viva after 1 January 2018.
Submission deadline: 23 April 2021
Notification deadline: 26 May 2021
Competition deadlines and how to enter:
• To enter, please download an application form and send a completed form back along with a short video to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 23 April 2021.
• The information you provide in the sections of the application form should not exceed 2 pages.
• You may append figures or tables on one extra page if you wish.
• Please, respect carefully the following structure: Background, Methodology, Results, Discussion and Conclusion. Submissions will be reviewed with equal emphasis on each element.
• If your project is about designing a piece of hardware or a prototype, please follow this template.
• The video should be no longer than 3 minutes and contain exactly three slides, each one answering the following questions: 1) Why is this project important?; 2) What did you do?; and 3) What did you achieve?
• Text size on slides should be no smaller than 11pt and no contact details should be given on the slides and video
• More information on how to record a video slide presentation on Power Point can be found here and on Keynote here
• Videos should be named following the format: [SURNAME]__[NAME]_[UNIVERSITY]_[PRESENTATION TITLE]. For example: Doe_John_UniversityofLondon_Impactofnanodropletsontumors
• The video should be submitted in MP4 or AVI format along with the completed application form.
• No submission will be considered if the form or the video is missing.
• Please note that no expenses can be paid.
• The finals will take place online on 15 June 2021.
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.