The 2022 Healthcare Technologies Student and Early Career Awards are now open. Finalists will be invited to be present at the Awards on 8 June 2022 at One Birdcage Walk, London. The competition will be followed by the Patrick Finlay Memorial Lecture, which is titled ‘Cost-Effective Orthopaedic Robotic Surgery’ and will be presented by Brian Davies, Emeritus Professor of Medical Robotics at Imperial College London.
There are a total of four categories to consider, each of which will require an abstract to be submitted, outlining your work and why it is relevant for that specific award:
Vicon Best Bioengineering Project (£500)
Highlighting the best projects in Biomedical Engineering from recent graduates, third/fourth year undergraduates and taught Master’s degree course students.
DePuy Best Bioengineering Project (£500)
Recognising outstanding work by current PhD students or PhD graduates who passed their viva between 2021 and 2022.
Device Access Best Bioengineering Poster (£300)
For the best poster presented by third/forth year undergraduates and taught Master’s degree course students.
NIHR MIC Best Bioengineering Poster (£300)
For the best poster presented by current PhD students or PhD graduates who passed their viva between 2021 and 2022.
Submission deadline: 22 April 2022 (extended from 8 April 2022)
Notification deadline: 18 May 2022
Competition deadlines and how to enter:
• To enter, please download an abstract submission form to complete and send back to email@example.com by midnight 22 April 2022 (extended from 8 April 2022)
• The information you provide in the sections of the application form should not exceed 2 pages.
• You may append figures or tables on one extra page if you wish.
• Please, respect carefully the following structure: Background, Methodology, Results, Discussion and Conclusion. Submissions will be reviewed with equal emphasis on each element.
• If your project is about designing a piece of hardware or a prototype, please follow this template.
• Please note that no expenses can be paid.
• The final will take place online on 8 June 2022 at One Birdcage Walk, London.
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.