Enjoy peer-reviewed technical presentations and learning opportunities at this year's HRSG User Group. Attend to understand how to keep your technology up to date, enhance its operational lifespan and remain competitive in the market.
Hear successful strategies and new technologies to enhance the efficiency and operational lifespan of your heat recovery steam generator assets. Share expertise and guidance with manufacturers, owners, operators, engineering thought leaders and maintenance contractors.
CONFIRMED KEYNOTE PRESENTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Lee Warren, Head of Thermal Power at Drax Power, will provide attendees with an end-user perspective on the changing energy market.
- Attendees will hear an update on the UK Capacity Market direct from Simon Dawes, Head of the Capacity Market at the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
- Understand how to remain competitive in the current climate with Jack Abbott, Regulatory Manager, Wholesale Electricity Markets at Centrica.
- Hear an update on the global HRSG landscape from Bob Anderson at Competitive Power Resources Corporation
KEY PRESENTATIONS IN 2019 INCLUDE:
- Discover lessons learned from the world-first high-efficiency gas turbine upgrade from Uniper Technologies
- Hear SSE PLC’s update on wholesale power market challenges driven by renewable generation, regulation, and legislation
- Update yourself on HRSG Modifications at RWE Generation PLC’s Great Yarmouth Power Station
- Better understand the regulatory challenges posed reviewing your written scheme with British Engineering Services
- Learn about the application of heat recovery to district heating from Uniper Energy Services
- Explore the potential for digital twins improve economic outcomes with Frazer-Nash Consultancy
COMPLIMENTARY NETWORKING DINNER: continue the discussions and make valuable new connections with like-minded peers at the Heat Recovery Steam Generator User Group 2019 networking dinner at the end of day 1 - all included in your delegate place!
WHY OUR SPEAKERS ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CONFERENCE:
||"Collaboration is vital to progress in the industry. Ideas are not useful until they are shared."
Ryan Broughton, Principal Engineer, WSP
|"It’s important both to expose your ideas and views to critique from your peers, and to learn what others are doing that you could implement yourself. Every time I attend this event I take away something positive to incorporate into my own organisation."
Katherine Asvegren, Plant Integrity Engineer, Drax Power
WHY YOUR ORGANISATION SHOULD ATTEND:
Take away valuable lessons about Heat Recovery Steam Generator operations from all the key operators involved
Join the conversation and share your experience during interactive question and answer sessions and panel discussions
Learn the latest testing and inspection strategies to take back to your organisation
Gain unique insights into how to better maintain and perform repairs to your heat recovery steam generators
Network with a diverse audience including manufacturers, contractors and thought-leaders
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS:
The call for presentations is now closed, for updates on your submission, please call on +44 (0)20 7973 1251 or email email@example.com.
Topics for this year's user group include:
Challenges of operating CCGTs in current market conditions
Short Term Operating Reserve (STOR) and Ancillary Service markets - effects on HRSG integrity and process safety
Chemistry control, flow-assisted corrosion, dewpoint corrosion, preservation and mothballing
Effects of extensive two-shift operation on inspection scope, PSSR and structural/casing integrity
Effects of flexible/part load and low load operations on lifecycle management
Repowering, Plant Upgrades, Refurbishment and Assessment
Management of high temperature components - Grade 91 experience
Major Plant Component Replacements and Repair
Process design and integration of new technology into existing CCGT systems (e.g. battery storage, gas reciprocating engines)
New CCGT design considerations (including next generation large scale >375MW units)
Balance of plant issues (e.g. pumps, valves and auxiliary systems)
Attemperation and steam turbine bypass systems
Plant failures – lessons learnt, material issues, quality assurance
Duct burner issues
Life assessment and plant life extension
PAST DELEGATES INCLUDE:
Damhead Creek Ltd
Uniper UK Ltd
Stork Thermeq B.V.
Saltend Cogeneration Co Ltd
Frazer-Nash Consultancy Ltd
Marchwood Power Ltd
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS USER GROUPS:
"A great opportunity to keep up-to-date with what is happening in the industry."
Integrity Engineer, Uniper Technologies
"A very good user group to attend and plenty of useful information to think about for future maintenance and inspections."
Mechanical Technician, Seabank Power Ltd
"Well organised and informative conference"
Project Engineer, Doosan Babcock
"Very good and was well coordinated"
Metallurgist, Doosan Babcock
"Interesting and relevant real life/real time experiences shared, both problems and solutions for all to share and benefit"
Sales Manager, GE Power Services
"Great opportunity to share information & experience & keep abreast of developments"
Integrity Engineer, E.On Technologies
"A great chance to exchange experiences with other people working in the industry"
Pressure Systems Engineer, Centrica Energy
ACCOMMODATION FOR DELEGATES:
We have negotiated a preferential rate for hotel rooms at the Nottingham Belfry, rooms will cost £125 per night (including VAT and Breakfast). In order to book a room, please call the reservations team at the hotel on 0113 2203 493 and quote ‘IMECHE’ and the date of the event. Full pre-payment is required at the time of booking. Please note this rate is non-refundable or transferable and is available until Wednesday 23 October.