Postponement of the Innovating Wheelsets 2020: Maintenance, Sustainability and Value seminar
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and in line with government and FCO / WHO guidelines is implementing measures to ensure the health and safety of our attendees and supporting staff at IMechE events. Following UK Government advice to restrict social interaction and movement in public areas, we have therefore taken the decision to postpone the Innovating Wheelsets 2020: Maintenance, Sustainability and Value seminar due to take place on 4 May 2020.
Please be assured that your delegate ticket will be carried over to the new event date. However, if you would like to refund your ticket, please email email@example.com and we will aim to process this as soon as possible.
We hope you understand that, under the present fluctuating circumstances, it is not possible for us to confirm the date at this precise moment, however the new date will be communicated to you as soon as the scale of the impact of COVID-19 becomes clearer.
The railway rolling stock sector is changing rapidly with the introduction of new fleets and new technologies. Several new suppliers have entered the UK market and this combines with an increased interest in innovation, reduced whole life cost and reduced environmental impact. With these trains come technologies and designs new to the UK market – and engineers must be prepared to adapt their practices for wheelsets to conform to new requirements and standards.
As a critical rolling stock component, the effective design and operation of wheelsets is imperative. This seminar brings together representatives from the entire industry to share insights into new trains, associated technologies, and their impact on wheelset requirements. Attendees will learn how they can maintain high standards of safety while improving cost, lifecycle and environmental performance.
Attend the Innovating Wheelsets seminar to:
- Recognise effective methods of performance management for a modern wheelset
- Learn how to better manage wheelset maintenance from practical examples
- Understand the lifecycle challenges of wheelsets and identify controls and technologies that can provide benefit
Confirmed seminar speakers:
- Lindsay Smith, Manager, Rail Technologies, British Steel
- Liam Purcell, Principal Consultant & Team Leader, Intelligent Infrastructure, Ricardo Rail (UK)
- Andrew Lightoller, Principal Mechanical Engineer, DB ESG
- Jasper Peen, Senior Consultant, Ricardo Rail (Netherlands)
- Peter Williams, Fleet Data & Performance Manager, Avanti West Coast
- Simon Groom, Project Leader R&D, Alstom
- Steve Taylor, Secretary General, Private Wagon Federation
- David Vincent, Chief Technical Officer, Perpetuum
- Neil Cooney, Technical Director, SET Ltd
- Andrew James, Engineering Manager, Avanti West Coast
Delegate feedback from the previous seminar:
"This event was an excellent opportunity to learn about current practice within the industry and new technology available with regards to wheelset maintenance."
Project Engineer, London Underground
"Very interesting event, it is good to call maintenance practice into question."
Fleet Engineer, Macquarie European Rail
"Well organised day with good informative speakers."
Traction & Rolling Stock Development Engineer, Direct Rail Services
Railway Division, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
John Reddyhoff, Director, Reddyhoff Rail Limited
Early Bird discount ends on 27 March 2020
Booking multiple tickets (group discounts available) or on behalf of someone else? Email us
For details regarding hotels nearby to the event venue with preferential rates, please visit www.eventay.co.uk/Eventsv5/Evnt_Home.aspx?evnt=8488ME
Support your career development
Attending this event supports your Professional Development; if you're an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account.