The decarbonisation of the motorsport and the high-performance vehicle industries is gaining more and more traction, with fans and teams more aware of the environmental impacts and with the 2030 plan to end the sale of new internal combustion engine-only vehicles.
Plans are coming together to meet Formula 1’s own pledge to be carbon-neutral by 2030 through using sustainable fuels. With high performance vehicles often used as a test-bed for cutting-edge propulsion technology, attend this year’s High Performance Powertrains to see the future trajectory of transport as we head towards a net-zero future.
This year's seminar will feature the latest developments in technologies for both high performance vehicles and motorsport covering the range of powertrain systems including internal combustion engines with sustainable fuels, hydrogen, electric and fuel cell applications.
MEET, HEAR AND LEARN FROM:
- Geoff Grose, Head of Vehicle Development, McLaren Automotive
- Adrian Cooper, Chief Engineer – Development, MAHLE Powertrain Limited
- David Richardson, Business Development Director, Coryton Advanced Fuels Ltd.
- Matt Faulks, Chief Technical Officer, Viritech
- Neill Briggs, Director of Product Development, BAC
- Paul Freeland, Principal Engineer, Cosworth
- Stephen Lambert, Head of Electrification, McLaren Applied
WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND:
- Hear from pioneers in the high-performance sector including Williams Advanced Engineering, Cosworth, MAHLE Powertrain Limited, Viritech, M-Sport, McLaren Automotive, Briggs Automotive Company, CORYTON and McLaren Applied
- Gain insight into the application of sustainable fuels in high-performance including synthetic and biofuels
- Learn about the latest hydrogen applications in both internal combustion engine and fuel cell applications
- Hear about the developments in high performance and motorsport electric and hybrid powertrain
- Gain best practice from the leaders in motorsport technology
||"As always, if you’re in the high performance space, it makes sense to keep your finger on the pulse of what’s latest and greatest. You never know what new ideas might come to you when you hear from other minds in industry."
Joe Jones, Technical Proposal Manager – EV Powertrain, Williams Advanced Engineering
Read the full interview here.
- Insight into the application of sustainable fuels in high-performance including synthetic and biofuels
- The latest hydrogen use in both internal combustion engine and fuel cell applications
- High performance and motorsport electric and hybrid powertrain developments
- Case studies from the leaders in motorsport competitions
- Examples of the latest high performance technology from sectors including aerospace, motorcycle and heavy-duty
This event is COVID-safe: We are keen to return to in-person events and enjoy the benefits of connecting face to face. Whilst Covid-19 continues to circulate in the UK, we are taking steps with the venue to keep event participants as safe as possible in order to attend IMechE events with the confidence.
Physical distancing Attendees are requested to maintain a distance of 1m+ from each other. Where possible, room layouts and seating will be arranged to facilitate this.
Masks / face coverings The wearing of masks/face coverings is encouraged (although not compulsory), unless satisfactory social distancing, ventilation or air sterilisation is not possible, in which case it will be compulsory.
Covid testing Attendees are requested to undertake a Covid test (lateral flow or PCR) a maximum of 24 hours prior to the start of the event/meeting.
Ventilation and air sterilisation Where possible, rooms will be well ventilated or fitted with air sterilisers to significantly reduce the risk of transmission.
Catering Where possible, catering will be provided in such a format as to facilitate social distancing.
PREVIOUS DELEGATES INCLUDE:
Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd
AVL Powertrain UK Ltd
Coryton Advanced Fuels Ltd
Cross Manufacturing Co Ltd
Denso Sales UK Ltd
Eicher Motors Ltd
Federal-Mogul Coventry Ltd
Honda R&D Co Ltd
Horiba Mira Ltd
Johnson Matthey Plc
MAHLE Powertrain Ltd
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Europe Ltd
Renault Sport Racing
Rolls Royce plc
Shell Global Solutions (UK)
Triumph Designs Ltd.
Vehicle Certification Agency
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS EVENTS:
"A great event with a balanced agenda, world renowned companies and technical experts. I'm looking forward to every edition of the seminar."
Jaguar Land Rover
"Detailed material, presented by highly experienced engineers and it was great to hear from so many different companies/organisations."
Motorsport Industry Association
"A great event...I learned a lot and felt it very worthwhile"
"Enjoyable and informative!"
Fonseca Engineering Development
"Very good event with a very high quality of presentations from a range of industries and disciplines. Good to see what is happening at the cutting edge of Engine technology."
"A good event if you want to keep up to date with the diverse set of technologies emerging to meet emissions and efficiency challenges."
Senior Test Development Engineer, Delphi Technologies
"A very informative seminar which gave some comfort in the fact that many of the companies and Institutions presenting were all focused on similar and common goals."
Chief Engineer - Powertrain, Triumph Motorcycles Ltd.
"Always interesting presentations, and a good discussion forum for the current industry trends."
Technical Specialist, Changan UK R&D Centre Ltd
"Great event, informative and great chance to network with top industry representatives."
PhD researcher, Loughborough University
"Overall the conference was informative and the presentations explained the current challenges and technology trends that we have seen in the market."
Powertrain System Engineer, DENSO Automotive UK LTD.
“A valuable and enjoyable experience”
Pincipal Lecturer, University of Wales Trinity Saint David
“A very informative event.”
Patent Attorney, Marks & Clerk LLP
“High quality varied and informative presentations.”
Senior Project Engineer, Mechadyne
“Interesting collection of topics, and some good material was discussed”
Principal Engineer, Cosworth
“Outstanding conference! Well done!”
CFD Analysis Engineer, AVL Llist GmbH
"Very informative event."
Mechanical Apprentice, Delphi Diesel Systems - Sudbury
“Well organised event - good for networking"
Engineer, Advanced Engine Research