Simulation and Modelling 2018 will provide a unique opportunity to discuss the latest developments being made with computer aided and virtual engineering. Explore the advances being made with integration, optimisation and validation, from design stage right through to manufacturing.
Join us in 2018 to gain the latest from thought leaders on how they are using new technologies for applications including digital twinning, design, validation, fault detection and process optimisation. Attendees will have the opportunity to engage colleagues and peers across the automotive, aerospace, power, process and manufacturing sectors and how these technologies are used to optimise design, development, testing, manufacturing and operational engineering.
New for 2018: Join one of our specialist parallel sessions to tailor your event experience for your needs:
- Automotive Vehicle Design and Development
- Process Optimisation across Industries
- Automotive Engines and Powertrain Components
- Modelling for Fault Detection in Aerospace
- Increased Autonomy and Control Systems
- Intelligent Manufacturing Techniques
DOWNLOAD THE 2017 EVENT REPORT HERE
What are you most looking forward to by attending and presenting at Simulation and Modelling 2018?
"I am looking forward to seeing what other people are modelling in aerodynamics and if the methods we have developed can be more widely applicable."
Nick Brown, CFD Engineer, BHR Group
To meet people with different experience and knowledge and learn from them.
Lars-Erik Stacke, Team Leader Simulation Tool R&D, SKF Research and Technology Development
Key speakers include:
- Nawal Prinja, Technology Director (Nuclear), Wood Group Plc
- Adrian Gaylard, Technical Specialist for Aerodynamics, Jaguar Land Rover
- Akin Keskin, Chief of Virtual Engine Design System, Rolls Royce plc
- Jonathan Wheals, Chief Engineer – Innovation, Ricardo UK
- Philippe Martinuzzi, Research Engineer in Mechanical Modelling, EDF Energy R&D UK Centre
PLUS: special keynote from Andy Green, Pilot of the Bloodhound SSC
Key topics for 2018 include:
- Plenary sessions addressing simulation developments, digital twinning, and validation techniques including contributions from Rolls Royce and Wood Group
- Insight into intelligent manufacturing processes from the National Composites Centre UK and Coventry University
- Applications within powertrain and wider automotive development, including presentations from Jaguar Land Rover and MAHLE Powertrain
- Exploring the role of simulation for fault detection with D2H and BHR Group
We have secured preferential rates at the Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Snow Hill. Rooms are available for £80 per night on 17th and 18th September (Rate includes VAT and breakfast).
In order to make a reservation, please call 0121 647 3999 option 1 (Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:30) before 24 August 2018 quoting the group reference ‘GEE’.
Please note that credit card details are required at the time of booking and rooms cannot be cancelled within 28 days of arrival.
Attendees in 2017 included:
8020 Engineering Ltd
Cambridge Flow Solutions
Cummins Engine Company Limited
DENSO SALES UK LTD
EnginSoft UK Ltd
Ford Otosan A.S
Mercedes AMG HPP Ltd
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe B.V.
Norton Straw Consultant
Ove Arup & Partners Ltd
Ricardo UK Ltd
Rolls-Royce Fuel Cell Systems
University of Derby
University of Exeter
University of Liverpool
University of Strathclyde
Feedback for Simulation and Modelling 2017
"A great opportunity to share common challenges and to coordinate a future strategy"
University of Warwick
"A well packaged and organised event featuring a diverse array of experiences and knowledge of modelling and simulation challenges."
"Excellent event - well worth the time and money. The cross company knowledge share is invaluable."
"Great format, great speakers, highly relevant subject matter!"
"Excellent event - I was left with plenty of food for thought!"
Mechanical Simulation Engineer, Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
"Excellent speakers, thought provoking content."
Chief of Analytical Design, Rolls-Royce Fuel Cell Systems
"Great event with a good range of topics from the simulation and modelling industry."
Software Developer and Digital Marketing Coordinator, ITI